How to Fix Internet Connection QuickBooks Error 12152?
Learn the simple methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 12152 with the assistance of this article.
QuickBooks is well-known accounting software that is mainly used to handle business finances. However, various users may face technical glitches and error bugs while using this software. Today, we will talk about error code 12152 in QuickBooks that has been reported by many users.
Due to QuickBooks connection error 12152, the software will be unable to connect to a server. To rectify the same issue, go through the whole post and get effective solutions.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152?
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152 mainly occurs due to incorrect connection settings. Due to this error code, QuickBooks will be unable to connect with the servers. Additionally, you may come across the same error code while updating the QuickBooks software.
To know QB error 12152 in detail, you must look into the whole article. Further, we have also listed some of the effective solutions to fix the same issue.
Read Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15215
What Leads to QuickBooks Update Error Code 12152?
QuickBooks Update Error Code 12152 might be appeared because of one of the following causes. You have to understand all of them to get effective solutions accordingly.
- Issues with the API Window Keys may lead to the error 12152.
- You may face an error while installing the QuickBooks software.
- Due to corrupted Windows Registry.
- When the software is failed to identify the license data.
- Because of misconfigured internet settings, you may come across an error.
- Due to the deletion of some important company files.
Indications of QuickBooks Update Error 12152
One of the following indications may lead to QuickBooks Update Error 12152. You may have a look at all of them.
- When the software crashes time-to-time, it might be a sign of QuickBooks update error code 12152.
- You may be facing an error while updating the QuickBooks software.
- If the QuickBooks window crashes repeatedly, this may lead to an issue.
- When the system is responding slowly to each input of the keyboard or mouse.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12152?
Have you also encountered QB Desktop Error 12152 while updating QuickBooks or due to another reason? The following solutions may help you in resolving QuickBooks error 12152 without hampering your system.
Read Also: Fix QuickBooks Error 6177 0
Solution 1: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- The first step is to uninstall the QuickBooks application.
- After that, download & install QuickBooks by following these steps.
- Firstly, launch the folder in which all the files have been downloaded and look for the QuickBooks.exe file.
- Now, double-tap on the file and follow ongoing instructions.
- Read the software license agreement and choose Next.
- Enter the Product key and License number and press Next.
- Choose the Scan option. It will show the error codes.
- Finally, click on the Repair all option and check whether the payroll update error code 12152 has been fixed.
Solution 2: Restoring the PC
- Firstly, you need to restart the system.
- And then, login to the system using Windows admin credentials.
- Next, choose the Start menu.
- Open the search box and type System Restore.
- Click on the Restore computer to a previous time and date option.
- Meanwhile, choose the option and press Next.
- From the restore points list, choose the recent one.
- Click Next.
- Lastly, reboot the system and check whether the QuickBooks error code 12152 has been fixed.
Solution 3: Verify the Date & Time of the PC
- First of all, make sure that the date and time of the system are correct.
- After that, put the cursor on time at the right bottom of your screen. Right-click on it.
- Choose the Change date and time option.
- Restart QuickBooks and ensure that the error has been resolved.
Follow these steps if you are using Windows 10.
- Firstly, choose Settings and tap on Time & Language.
- And then click on the Date & Time page.
- After that, choose the option Set time automatically for setting the current time.
- Ensure that you have chosen the correct time in the Time Zone section.
- Finally, enable the Adjust for daylight saving time automatically option.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 1935
Solution 4: Change Backup File Extension using the Registry Editor
- Initially, choose the Start menu and type ‘Command’ in the search box.
- Press and hold the Ctrl + Shift keys altogether and choose Enter.
- After that, a User Account dialogue box will pop up on the screen.
- Choose Yes.
- Now, a black blinking cursor will pop up on the screen where you need to type ‘Regedit’.
- Choose the Enter key and select the key associated with QuickBooks Error 12152 in the Registry Editor such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- And then choose the Export option from the File menu.
- Place the IE Backup Key or Google Chrome in a folder.
- Give a title to the folder and choose the required branch.
- Finally, choose the Save option to save the file as a .reg file.
Solution 5. Make Corrections to your Internet Settings
Sometimes, correcting internet settings may help you in fixing error 12152. Also, the main reason behind the occurrence of this error is an improper internet connection. Hence it is required to check the internet settings by following the steps written below.
- First of all, launch QuickBooks and choose the Internet Connection Setup from the Help menu.
- After that, go to the Internet Connection Settings and click on the Use my Computer’s Internet Connection Settings option.
- Finally, choose Next > Done. And, ensure that the QuickBooks Error Code 12152 has been resolved.
Expectantly, QuickBooks Error 12152 has been resolved after applying any of the aforementioned solutions. However, if you are still confronting the same error code and are unable to resolve it alone, it is recommended to hire a technician. We are here to guide you 24/7 to make the QuickBooks software free of QuickBooks Payroll Error 12152. You need to dial a toll-free ebetterbooks Support Phone Number +1-802-778-9005.