Fix QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 with Company Cache File
Learn the best ways to fix QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013.
QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 pops up when there is a lack of connection between a bank and your account. Hence, this blog will help you learn more about such errors and inform you of different ways to fix the issue.
We all know that QuickBooks is a very popular accounting software among small and medium business owners. Also, it automatically creates several financial reports and handles bookkeeping as well. However, it may display lots of error codes, for instance, OLSU 1013 error. Call Us Now For Quick Solutions
What is the QuickBooks Bank Feed Error OLSU 1013?
Whenever the QuickBooks OLSU Error Message 1013 dialogue box comes up, it means that there is a banking-related issue. Also, there is a communication error between the servers of the bank and your account. The user might have an inactive account for online banking in QuickBooks. The following “QuickBooks error message OLSU 1013” comes on the screen:
“An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed.”
In this case, you need to click Cancel to discontinue setup and then retry setting up the account for online services again. In simple words, QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 indicates that the software is unable to communicate with the bank’s server.
Read Also: Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error H202
What causes the QuickBooks Error Message OLSU 1013?
There are several reasons why the QuickBooks OLSU Error 1013 might occur:
- Your Banking Institution Directory is outdated.
- Also, the user has entered an incorrect ID/ password in QuickBooks.
- Express mode/ side by side mode is not being used in QuickBooks.
- The bank server is under maintenance.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- The connection between QB Desktop and internet explorer isn’t supported within the internet explorer settings.
- There is an issue with the internet connectivity.
The following post will provide you with the ways to fix QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013.
Points to Consider
Ensure these key points before you start fixing the error from the following methods.
- Verify the backup of the company file.
- Also, match all pending download transactions.
- Review the bank feeds classic mode. If you don’t get any error in this mode, it means that the classic mode works best with your system.
- Make sure there are pending alerts and you can log into the banking website outside the QuickBooks application.
- Verify active connection of the internet, and prevent blocking of QuickBooks in the windows firewall.
- Match all pending download transactions.
- Above all, keep the QuickBooks Desktop up-to-date with the latest version.
- Ensure usage of QuickBooks in the single-user mode.
Fixing QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013
Since there are multiple reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks OLSU 1013 error, we will also learn different methods to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Working On The FIDIR (Financial Institution Directory)
- Firstly, open QuickBooks–>Banking Menu–> Bank Feeds option–> click Bank Feeds Centre.
- Use the Dropdown bar, and click Sync All for This Bank.
After that, your FIDIR will be updated. It will resolve the OLSU 1013 error.
Solution 2: Enable the TLS 1.2 Protocol
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer 11. Ensure that you have the latest version.
- After that, browse to the upper right corner, and click Gear.
- Thereafter, check the move to the internet option. After that, click the advanced tab.
- At last, go to the security section, un-check the Use TLS 1.0 and check the Use TLS 1.2 option.
- Finally, save the changes by clicking Apply and OK.
When the process gets completed, close all running programs and restart the system. Hopefully, it will resolve QuickBooks error 1013.
Solution 3: Setting A Default Bank Account
In case of multiple bank accounts, set a default account to make it easy for QuickBooks to fetch data from a preferred source. The following steps will help you in fixing an OLSU 1013 Error.
- Initially, open QuickBooks.
- Go to your company file and sign in as an administrator.
- After that, go to Edit Menu–> Preferences. Here, click Checking.
- Thereafter, go to My Preferences tab–> Choose Default for all options. Finalise the process by clicking OK.
Log into your online banking account with QuickBooks. It will be clear if you are still facing a 1013 error in QuickBooks.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 1935?
Solution 4: Generate A New Company File
If there is an issue with the company file, it will help deal with the issue. Ultimately, QuickBooks Error code OLSU 1013 will be resolved.
- Firstly, open QuickBooks–> File menu–> New Company–> Express start.
- After that, add a bank account that is currently facing the problem.
- At last, set up an account for bank feeds, and download bank feed transactions. Downloading the same will help in testing your account.
Solution 5: Using The Express Mode
Switching modes can help QuickBooks work smoothly without leading to the OLSU error 1013 in QuickBooks.
- Initially, open QuickBooks–> Edit tab–> Preferences.
- On the dashboard, click checking on the left side.
- Lastly, click company preferences on the right, go to the bank feed option, and choose Express mode.
Hopefully, the above-given information is useful for you. But if you still facing any kind of issues with your software and need professional assistance, regarding accounting, bookkeeping & accounting software-related issues then feel free to get in touch with us at +1-802-778-9005, or you can mail to us at: [email protected]