QuickBooks is an accounting software system introduced to fulfill your business desires. However, bugs and errors are part of each software system. While using QuickBooks you may bump into QuickBooks error 15106. It’s a standard-issue that happens because of issues within the update program. The message reflects that the update program has been broken. Once you use QuickBooks payroll and you are trying to unable update then QuickBooks Update Error 15106 will befall.
What is QuickBooks Error 15106?
Many QuickBooks users across the globe face the problem associated with QuickBooks Payroll unable to update and receiving QuickBooks error 15106. QuickBooks has never fallen short on amaze the users with its extremely notable options. However, QB will have bound limitations and problems likewise and one such issue is error code 15106.
Many users get the messages like – ‘The update program is broken or the update program can not be opened’ Users typically think, what’s the reason behind such messages popping on their screen. Two main reasons to blame for this are as follows:
- At times, Spy Sweeper is in the webroot anti-virus software system.
- Users may not have logged in with the username having admin level rights. In such situations, the flexibility to read and write new files gets restricted leading to the issue to perform the specified task.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 15106: Solution
QB users will follow the below-mentioned ways to resolve error 15106:
- In case the user has not logged in as an administrator, the primary factor needed is that the user ought to log in as an Administrator. This could facilitate the troubleshooting of QuickBooks update error 15106. Just in case the problem persists, scrutinize the second resolving method.
- Many times the Spy Sweeper creates difficulty. Users will scrutinize its presence in their systems. For that, the user must open the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc. After that, the user must click on the processes tab and look for Spy Sweeper.exe. User will do one in every of the below things-
- If it’s within the processing tab, the user ought to delete or uninstall it by opening Add/Remove programs within Windows. This could facilitate the fixation of Error 15106.
- Suppose the user doesn’t notice the Spy Sweeper within the system, in such a situation, the user must open drive C and navigate C:\ Program Files\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooksxx\ components. After that, the user is needed to reset the QuickBooks update when renaming download to downloadqb old. This could facilitate resolving QB error code 15106.
- If the above issues fail to resolve error code 15106. During this case, the user must shut down the User Account Control temporarily relying upon the Windows utilized by the user.
- If the QuickBooks error code 15106 issue still continues to reflect in Selective Startup, the user ought to perform QuickBooks clean install.
The steps mentioned above will help you solve QuickBooks Error 15106. In case you cannot fix QuickBooks Error 15106 or are unable to understand the issue, reach out to eBetterBooks Error Support contact number +1-844-929-2244 for immediate support.