Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 – Could Not Load the License Data
|Looking for the most effective methods of resolving QuickBooks error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.|
QuickBooks Error 3371 is related to the license properties of QuickBooks Desktop. This error can lead to the loss of company files. In this blog, we will learn more about what is QuickBooks error code 3371, its symptoms, causes, and how to fix this error.
Below is the error prompt that appears on the screen:
“QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118” or “QuickBooks Error 3371”: QuickBooks Could not Initialize License Properties
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 status Code 11118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118 occurs when the QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ECML is corrupted. For those who aren’t aware, this file contains the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop software.
Another reason why QuickBooks error 3371 occurs is because of improper shut down of your PC when the software is still running. It disrupts the syncing process of this accounting software, and it shows error code 3371 status code 11118 on your computer screen.
In its desktop version, the user will see these error messages:
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error C=387?
|Error Code:||QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118|
|Error Description:||Mainly occurs when QuickBooks Could not Initialize License Properties|
|Cause:||Improper Shut down of QuickBooks.|
|Possible Solutions:||Delete ECML File, update Windows OS, install latest Windows Updates, Use the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool & Tool Hub.|
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 3371
- QuickBooks Error Code 3371 might occur due to numerous issues. Here are these reasons discussed in detail that cause error 3371:
- Files and folders required to run the accounting software are damaged, resulting in QuickBooks error code 3371 popping up.
- QBregistration.dat file is damaged. This file has license information needed to initialize the software.
- MSXML is an integral component offered by Microsoft. This component helps access the QB registration file. If this file is broken, the software will show QuickBooks error code 3371 status code 11118.
- Proper networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with web connect users: If you open the company file before importing the QBO file and saving data, you may witness error 3371. Therefore, save your work first, and then move forward with opening the file.
- Firewall settings, faulty windows updates, and adverse anti-virus settings can also cause Error 3371, StatusCode -11118.
- Some system protections, such as computer program blocks the QuickBooks Desktop that stops the correct with the vital Windows parts needed by QuickBooks.
- Crash Com Error occurs in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Problems with printing, emailing, or saving PDFs from QuickBooks Desktop.
- You lose the connection with the QuickBooks file due to network issues.
You May Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1722?
QuickBooks Error Code 3371 : Points to consider before Troubleshooting
- First of all, it’s mandatory to confirm that you have updated your Windows to the newest version.
- If you continue to get QuickBooks error 3371 then you may have a corrupt Windows package.
Fix Error 3371: Could Not Initialize License Properties
Method 1: Run QuickBooks tool Hub to Fix Error 3371
For the best experience, we suggest using Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Firstly, the user has to close the QuickBooks desktop
- Now, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub in that system
- Then, select the option of Quick Fix My Program
- Now select installation issues –> Look for Error 3371 –> Fix the error.
- After its done, click OK
- Lastly, the user has to open QuickBooks, and then Open data file.
- This way, it will resolve all license, registration, and validation errors in the desktop version. Hence, it will recreate the otherwise damaged file.
Method 2: Delete ECML file and Rename Entitlement file
Here are all the probable solutions to fix QuickBooks Error Code 3371.
- The user has to press Windows + R in the keyboard.
- Enter this path –>C:ProgramDataintuitEntitlementClientv8
- Your Windows Explorer will open this address.
- Now, the user has to delete ECML file in their system.
- Finally, Run and install the QuickBooks and Register the item once more.
Finally, you have got to Run QuickBooks and Register the item once more.
Method 3: Update your Windows Package
- Firstly, go to start.
- Secondly, the user has to choose All Programs–> click on Window Update.
- After this, check for updates.
- Next, the user has to reinstall and update QB Desktop again.
Method 4: Update Windows OS with Latest Version
- Firstly, make sure the user installs newest updates for Windows.
- At last, check out the option of All Programs–> click on Windows Update.
Method 5: Renaming the claim file
For Windows Operating System (XP Users)
- Firstly, go to start, and choose Run
- Now, enter this path –> C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplicationDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2. You will arrive at your DataStore.ecml file.
- Lastly, the user needs to click OK to complete the process.
- Now the user has to rename the file: DataStore.ECML
For Windows Operating System (7 Users)
- Firstly, check out C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlementClientv*
- Secondly, the user needs to rename the Entitlement file.
- When the user opens QuickBooks, it’ll generate a new file for them.
- If the program data folder isn’t visible, follow the steps given below to unhide it:
- Follow this path: Computer> Organize > Folder > Search options.
- After this, user has to look for Hidden Files and Folders option.
- Finally, open QuickBooks to see if QuickBooks Error Code 3371 is resolved.
Method 6: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Open–> Tool Hub Program
- Go to–> Installation Issues.
- Choose–> QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Thereafter, run the tool and wait until the process is complete.
- Then the user needs to reboot the system.
Method 7: Manually Solve QuickBooks Error 3371
- Firstly, recreate the damaged entitlement file. Then the user needs to resolve the license and registration glitches.
- By using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool fix these files: Microsoft NET Framework, MSXML file, C++ errors.
- Reinstall the file using a clean installation
- Lastly, run the reboot file and update QuickBooks to its latest version.
FAQs Related to Error 3371 Could Not Initialize License Properties
What factors may lead to QuickBooks Error 3371?
- Many factors can cause QuickBooks error code 3371 to appear on the screen. A few of them have been written below.
- Because of the QBregistration.dat file.
- Due to damaged or missing MSXML components.
- Anti-virus may also cause an issue for QuickBooks Error 3371.
How do I fix error 3371, error code 11118, in QuickBooks Desktop?
It is simple to resolve QuickBooks error code 3371 by:
- Closing all open applications
- Removing the ECML file
- Modifying the Entitlement file’s filename
- Launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
How do I fix a QuickBooks licence error?
Select Installation Issues from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Run Quick Fix my Program by selecting it from the Tool Hub. Choose 3371 Error Fix, then click OK. Error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks could not load the license data; this may be caused by missing or damaged files.
The license data could not be uploaded into QuickBooks. Missing or damaged files might be the root of this.
What is error 3371 status code 11104 QuickBooks desktop?
This error occurs because the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file is damaged or missing. To fix this, you need to recreate the file. How to Re-create Damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml File?
Here’s what you need to do to Re-create Damaged EntitlementDataStore. ecml File:
- Close QuickBooks: If it’s currently open, make sure to close QuickBooks.
- Find the Entitlement Data Folder: Locate the folder that holds the entitlement data. This will depend on your operating system and QuickBooks version.
- Open the Run Window: On your keyboard, press the Windows key and the ‘R’ key together. This will open the Run window.
- Type (or copy and paste) the following information into the box, and then press the Enter key.
- QuickBooks 2013 and Enterprise 13.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 8
- QuickBooks 2012 and Enterprise 12.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 6.0
- QuickBooks 2011 and Enterprise 11.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 6.0
- QuickBooks 2010 and Enterprise 10.0 : C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 6.0
- QuickBooks 2009 and Enterprise 9.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 5
- QuickBooks 2008 and Enterprise 8.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 5
- QuickBooks 2007 and Enterprise 7.0: C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client 3
- Then, right-click on the file called “EntitlementDataStore.ecml” and choose the option to Delete.
- Confirm Deletion: A confirmation message might appear. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm that you want to delete the file.
- Open QuickBooks Again: Open QuickBooks again. Open your company file and follow the provided instructions to complete the registration of the application.