Fix QuickBooks Error 30159 [Payroll Error Code]
Error code 30159 is an error related to incorrect file setup in Windows OS. Since this is a payroll error, users will face issues related to payroll management. Therefore, learn how to resolve Error message 30159 here.
QuickBooks software is a small business GST accounting software that empowers SMEs across the globe. Users can save accounting data on the cloud, manage sales, generate invoices, and conduct other business transactions. However, this software also has to deal with bugs, also known as QuickBooks Error.
What is QuickBooks Error 30159?
Whenever QuickBooks Desktop users try to add an already existing payroll subscription into another QB payroll, they may face QuickBooks Error code 30159. Improper file set up in the existing OS is another reason why the users may have to deal with this error. This error message pops up on the screen:
ERROR 30159 – Unable to load account for PSID null: Entitlement is Enabled, but Entitlement Unit is deactivated.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3180?
What Happens When QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 30159 Occurs?
- The system will crash frequently while running QuickBooks.
- Above all, payroll update error 30159 will pop up and crash any other active program.
- Your system will respond slowly to inputs, and freeze periodically.
Also, an error message will pop up repeatedly.
What are the Reasons Behind the Occurrence of Payroll Error Code 30159?
- Firstly, the current payroll subscription is inactive, or there are multiple active payroll agreements with inactive Direct Deposit Agreement.
- The company file is damaged (paysub.ini), or the EIN (Employee Identification Number) is incorrect in the company file.
- Above all, the payroll service key or PSID in the company file is incorrect.
- The current windows OS and QuickBooks versions aren’t compatible.
- Also, the QuickBooks/ windows/ system is under malware attack.
How to Resolve Can’t Verify Payroll Subscription Error 30159?
There are many ways to resolve QB Payroll error 30159. Hence, we have listed some of the most practical solutions to fix the error.
Solution 1: System Restore in Windows
- Firstly, log into your computer as a system administrator.
- Go to start–> All Programs–> Restore.
- After that, open a new window to select Restore my computer. Follow the process by clicking NEXT.
- Here, the user has to enter the confirmation window, and restart the system.
- Upon its restart, download and install QuickBooks File Repair Tool.
- After the installation is complete, go to scan–> Fix Error.
At last, the screen shows success. Restart the system again and look for QuickBooks update error code 30159. If the error doesn’t pop up, it means that the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Install The Windows Updates
- Firstly, go to start–> type Update (in the search box)–> Press Enter.
- If there are any updates available, the system will show them on the search results.
Lastly, install all of these updates, and reboot the system upon completion of the process.
Solution 3: Using The Windows File Checker
- Log in to the system as a system administrator.
- Press the windows+R keys. It will open the run box.
- After that, type cmd, and press enter.
- When the black window appears, type scannow/sfc and press Enter.
- After a few seconds, the process will be completed. After that, follow the rest of the prompts and restore the problems in the system files.
Hopefully, it will fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
Solution 4: Employee Identification Number
- Firstly, log into the system as a system administrator.
- After that, go to choose payroll–> Use my Existing Payroll Service.
- This action will open the Account Maintenance window on the desktop.
- Go to add a file, and check the radio button labeled as ADD EIN NUMBER.
- If the radio button is disabled, this implies that the user has a subscription to EIN for the company.
- After that, click NEXT and complete the process.
At last, open QuickBooks and look for QuickBooks Error code 30159. Hopefully, the issue must have been resolved.
Solution 5: Repairing The Paysub.ini File
- Firstly, open the file explorer, and choose the View tab.
- Open Hidden Files and Folders.
- Locate the Paysub.ini file.
- Rename this file by adding .old at the end of it.
It will disable QuickBooks from using the file. Hence, when the user runs the accounting software, it will automatically generate a new file for use. Ultimately, it will resolve QuickBooks Error code 30159.
Solution 6: Check Payroll Subscription Status
- Firstly, go to QB Desktop–> Employees tab–> My Payroll Services–> Account and Billing Info.
- Enter the login credentials, and sign in to the system.
- After that, a window to confirm your account information pops up. Select your verification method and proceed. Once you complete the sign-up process, update the payroll tax table again to check if the QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 persists or not.
Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102