Learn the best ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1601.
QuickBooks Error 1601 happens when the updates aren't getting installed, and the error message occurs while using the application. With this error guide, we’ve tried to answer all possible doubts related to this error. The error 1601, 1603, and 1642 are of similar nature.
QuickBooks is a popular accounting software that helps users prepare financial statements easily. However, it also has lots of bugs, known as QuickBooks Errors. Today, we will deal with one such issue: QuickBooks update error 1601.
- 1 Causes Behind Occurrence of QuickBooks Java Install Error 1601:
Causes Behind Occurrence of QuickBooks Java Install Error 1601:
- The Windows OS of your system is under malware attack, leading to java install error code 1601.
- You have downloaded a corrupt QuickBooks Software file.
- Microsoft Installer of the computer is damaged/ corrupted.
- Permission to install QuickBooks in the system and Windows is not granted, leading to java error 1601 windows installer.
- The program files are under a virus attack, resulting in error 1601.
Fix Java 1601 Installation Error Helping Install QuickBooks?
We can fix the error through various solutions. Hence, we have listed effective methods that could troubleshoot the "Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible" issue.
Solution 1: Click The Service Status
- Firstly, the user has to go to the start button in the search bar. After that, they have to type msc.
- Click services( LOCAL). After that, right-click the windows installer and Properties option.
- Now, go to the Startup tab--> verify the 'DISABLED' option. After that, select the option of MANUAL.
- Now, the user has to click SERVICE STATUS and set this to START. This action will enable Windows.
If a Windows installer has caused the error, it will fix the issue. However, we have also listed other options to fix java error code 1601, 1603.
Solution 2: Typing MSIEXEC
- Go to the first button in Windows and enter 'cmd' in the search option to display the Command Prompt Window.
- Then the user has to type “msiexec / unregister.” Press the Enter key and close the Prompt command window.
- Exit Windows and reboot the computer. The user may have installed an application that led to a Windows Installer service error.
Solution 3: Using command Regserver
- Firstly, go to the start button and press the Windows + R button.
- Now, in the prompt command, type 'exe / unreg' and click OK.
- When there is a pop-up dialog message requesting verification, the user can click and select OK to confirm.
- Then click the START button and use the Windows + R button.
- In the Prompt command, type 'exe / regserver' and click OK.
- Click OK again when a confirmation message appears and confirm whether java install error 1601 QuickBooks is still there or not. You can do so by installing the software program. If not, the user will need to download a new version of the windows installer.
Solution 4: Using Diagnostic Tool
- Here, we will install the diagnostic tool as it helps solve issues caused by third parties. For instance: NET Framework, MSXML, and C++.
- After that, open your program as an administrator.
- Look for the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from an authentic source.
- Download and save the file in a local folder.
- Lastly, the user may close the apps running in the background. Run the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe file.