Find out the updated solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 557. We have posted all the possible solutions in this article.
QuickBooks is the most reliable accounting software for small to mid-sized businesses. Intuit has designed this software to ease all the finance tasks and bookkeeping-related activities. As we all know, QB is one of the most powerful software but becomes vulnerable when error codes arrive and interrupt the workflow. QuickBooks Error Code 557 is one of such errors that can hinder your daily activities.
In the following post, we will be discussing the causes, and solutions to fix error code 557.
|QuickBooks Error 557
|Error 557: QuickBooks has encountered an error and requires to close. We are sorry for such an inconvenience.
|Windows XP, Vista, 8, 7
|Error 557 may appear while downloading the latest updates to QuickBooks payroll.
|1. Update QuickBooks Desktop.2. Create a backup of QuickBooks-related registry files.4. Eliminate any malicious file.3. Use system restore in Windows.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 557?
QuickBooks Error 557 mainly takes place while downloading QuickBooks payroll updates after upgrading QuickBooks. Furthermore, you may also come across the same error code because of incorrect syntax or commands. A slow internet connection may also lead to error 557. You will face the following error message on your screen.
“Error 557: QuickBooks has encountered an error and requires to close. We are sorry for such an inconvenience.”
Due to this error code, you will be unable to access QuickBooks Payroll. Let’s check out the leading factors affecting the error code 557.
What leads to QuickBooks Error 557?
There can be plenty of reasons behind the occurrence of error 557. We are listing a few of them that will help you to fix the error accordingly.
- While installing or uninstalling the software, you may face QuickBooks error code 557.
- Because of the deletion of the QuickBooks directory files.
- When a virus or malware attack has damaged the PC.
- Improper shutdown of the system may also lead to this issue.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 557?
Various solutions are available on the web that can help you in resolving QuickBooks error 557. Here, we are explaining some of the relevant solutions. Have a look at all of them one by one.
Solution 1: Use System Restore in Windows
- Firstly, you need to log into the system as an Admin.
- After that, choose the Windows Start option.
- Next, click on Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Choose the restore point or go with the one from the automatically created restore points.
- Meanwhile, choose Next and then wait for the System Restore.
- After completing the system restore process, restart the PC.
- Finally, restart the QuickBooks Software.
Solution 2: Create a Backup of QuickBooks-Related Registry Files
- Initially, launch the system and type ‘command’ in the search box.
- After that, press and hold the Ctrl + Shift keys altogether. Next, press Enter.
- Choose the permission panel and select Yes.
- Now, a blinking indicator will pop up on the screen where you need to type ‘Regedit’. Choose the Enter Key.
- Meanwhile, select the error code in the QuickBooks Registry Files.
- Click on the Export option from the File menu.
- Select the folder from the ‘Save In the List’ option.
- Open the File Box name and type A name for the file, for instance, QuickBooks backup.
- Make sure that you have chosen the ‘Selected branch’ in the Export range box.
- Choose the Save option and save the file with a .reg file extension
- Finally, you have the backup of your QuickBooks-related registry files.
Solution 3: Run a Complete Malware Scan on the System
Sometimes, running a malware scan can help you out in eliminating error 557. Windows issues can be encountered because of different types of malware. As a result, it will be best to look for malware or viruses on your system. And, undo or reverse a recent update to the Windows system to get rid of this error code.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, access the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, choose the Help menu and then tap on update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, select Update Now.
- Choose the Reset Update option and then click on get updates.
- This process may take some time to update.
- Finally, check whether the error has been fixed or not.
Concluding the Article!
We hope that the above article has proved to be fruitful while fixing QuickBooks Payroll Error 557. If none of these solutions worked to eliminate the error 557, you should contact our QuickBooks experts. To get in touch with our ebetterbooks team, dial a toll-free technical support phone number 1-802-778-9005. If you feel hesitant to talk, post a forum on our website or chat with one of our technicians.