Get to know the possible reasons and troubleshooting of QuickBooks error code 6000 80.
The error code 6000 80 is one among 6000 series errors that cause trouble to the user. Here, the user is unable to access the company file. With this blog, learn how to fix QuickBooks company file error 6000, 80 apart from knowing its causes for occurrence.
QuickBooks is amazing software when it comes to bookkeeping and accounting. Several SME owners have automated a large part of their accounting needs. Now they have more time to focus on core business. However, the application isn’t entirely flawless, as it has several bugs, known as QuickBooks Errors.
What Is QuickBooks error 6000 80?
QuickBooks error 6000 80 pops up whenever the users attempt to open the company file. Here, the users are unable to access their company files. It is one among many 6000 series errors that users face while working on the company file. The following error message pops up on the screen:
Error 6000, 80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.
The Code: QuickBooks error -6000 -80
Also Read: Quickbooks Error 6000
How To Identify The error 6000 80 in QuickBooks ?
Following are the signs that show that the system might be under this error:
- The error message of this code pops up on the screen.
- There is an issue with the financial records and files.
- You find difficulty in opening the company file.
- The QuickBooks application becomes unresponsive.
- Your system becomes slow, and the error message crashes the screen.
What are the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 6000, 80?
- The company file/ qbw extension files are corrupt/ damaged, leading to QuickBooks error code -6000 -80.
- QuickBooks is unable to access and communicate with the server due to permissions issues.
- Whenever the user converts a file to a company file over a network instead of a local hard drive, QuickBooks error 6000, 80 shows up.
- Multiple systems are set as host systems for the data file, confusing the QuickBooks application.
- Also, the file size is bigger than its corresponding TLG file.
- QuickBooks installation is either corrupt or incomplete.
- Weak internet connection
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000 80?
Depending upon the cause, there can be multiple methods to fix QuickBooks error code 6000, 80.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Firstly, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub. You can do so by visiting the official site of Intuit.
- Once installed, open your desktop screen and click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub. Or you can go to the search bar and type QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to company file issues–> Run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Let it complete its function. Once done, check if the data damage is fixed by the tool or not.
- If not, then either restore the recently backup company file or use the auto data recovery tool to restore the data.
At last, check if the Error code 6000 80 is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Copy-Paste File to Local C Drive
Here, copy the data files to the local drive to troubleshoot the issue.
- Copy your QBW file (company file) and QBB file (backup file) and paste them onto your local C drive.
- After that, either restore the backup or update the company file.
- Once done with this, copy the restored and updated files located to their original destination.
Usually, it resolves the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80.
Solution 3: Fixing the Error Manually
At times, the above-mentioned methods may not work well in fixing this issue. Hence, you can also check out the manual method to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6000 80.
● Firstly, update the QuickBooks by going to the help menu.
- Here, you can go for either automatic updates or manual updates.
If the error persists, then keep following this method.
- Check for the latest updates in the firewall and security software. If available, update the application and settings. Set the settings in favor of the accounting software.
- Also, go to Setup folder permissions to share the QB company file.
Lastly, set the QuickBooks permissions. It will resolve the QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 80
Solution 4: Using The QuickBooks Data File Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is a powerful tool that lets you solve many errors. Copy the QuickBooks error code 6000 80 and other such errors that can get resolved from this tool for future reference.
● Open Tool Hub and go to Installation Issues.
- After that, go to QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- When the tool stops running, check if QuickBooks Error -6000, -80 is resolved or not.
- If the issue is yet unresolved, then you can either create a backup of the company file or use auto data recovery to get restored or converted data.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 6000 83
The solutions mentioned above will help you solve QuickBooks Error 6000 80. If you can’t fix the problem or are unable to understand the issue, reach out to our QuickBooks Support team on our helpline +1-802-778-9005 number for immediate support.