A user would possibly encounter QuickBooks Error 6150 is one such error wherever you discover that you simply don’t seem to be able to open the “corporate file” the screen reflects a message “Error 6150 and 1006”. The primary step here ought to be to discover the cause and so seek the answer to unravel QuickBooks Error codes 6150.
- “QBW” or company file is broken. you wish to make a “Portable computer file.”
- A broken or corrupt QuickBooks installation
- You are attempting to open a portable file (.qbm) while not opening QuickBooks.
- A modified or incorrectly written extension for QuickBooks file.
- Trying to save lots of “QuickBooks Macintosh file” while using QuickBooks for Windows.
- The corporate file is infected with the virus.
QuickBooks Error 6150: Solution
- In case the “QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006” message is coupled to a “file-extension” of the corporate file, then you wish to contemplate changing the “File extension” and saving the corporate file with an accurate extension.
- Ensure and verify that the “QuickBooks company file” is opening on another system.
- Try and re-install QuickBooks, if the file isn’t up-to-date,
- Then, you are required to save “QB for mackintosh within the Mac system & not in Windows-based system & vice versa)
- Update with a decent antivirus before gap up the “company file.”
The above steps can be enough to fix the errors; but, in several cases, they could not be spare enough. Strive the below-given strategies for addressing the problem.
Method 1- you need to revive from Backup
If the above-provided manner was futile in resolution QuickBooks Error Codes 6150, then the subsequent best step is to revive the “Corporate file” from backup.
- Search QuickBooks
- Next, click File
- Then select” Open or Restore Company
- Select “Restore a backup copy” & click “”
- Select “local backup” & click “”
- Choose “ company file backup” location from the “Look-In” drop-down list
- Click “the backup,” and it ought to be present with a “.qbb” extension
- Now, press “Open” and proceed by a click “
- Go to the “Save in” drop-down window & browse to the required location to revive the backup file.
- In the “File-name” field- type/enter a “new company ”
- And make sure the “save as filed” ought to be saved automatically to revive enter “.qbw” format.
- Select “Yes”
- At last, type “Yes” to confirm the replacement process.
Limitation of the “Backup restore.”
- In several cases, users fail to make a backup file of their “corporate file” thanks to cognitive content, or they assume they’re supernumerary
- The most current / latest up-to-date backup isn’t available.
- The “Backup restoring” has not provided sufficient results.
Method 2- produce a “New QuickBooks Desktop file” from the start.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the “No company open window” and build a new company.
- Navigate to QuickBooks Setup Window & enter the specified data.
- Choose “create a company.”
- Start with making customers, the COA & services, etc.
Limitations of “Creating the New QuickBooks Desktop file from the start.”
- Cannot access the “Old information.”
- In the absence of the “Old information,” most of the data is inaccurate.
- You cannot share the “Desktop file” over the network.
Method 3- Get-back the lost information via the “QuickBooks Auto-recovery” technique.
You need to re-make the lost transactions by exploiting the present “Transaction Log file” & a duplicate of the corporate file.
Re-make/ recreate the whole information apart from the last hours of the transactions, by creating use of the corporate file and dealings log file.
Limitations of recovery through “QB Auto Recovery.”
- QuickBooks auto recovery isn’t possible with QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier & QuickBooks Enterprise.
- It isn’t available with the “Accountant.”
- There lies a file-size limit ( confined to 1.5 GB only)
- QB Desktop has to be updated with the newest version.
The solutions mentioned above will help you solve QuickBooks Error 6150. In case you cannot fix QuickBooks Error 6150 or are unable to understand the issue, reach out to eBetterBooks Error Support contact number +1-844-929-2244 for immediate support.