How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
Learn the best ways to fix QuickBooks Error -6144 -82 like a Pro.
QuickBooks Error 6144 82 may occur when the system configuration is not suitable for QuickBooks. Therefore, we came up with a complete guide to resolve the QuickBooks error 6144-82. You will learn about the symptoms and causes. Also, get to know effective solutions to tackle the error.
Used by millions of business owners around the world, QuickBooks Desktop is dynamic accounting software. You can automate a variety of functions, save costs on accountants, and save more time for the core business. However, it also has bugs, known as QuickBooks Error.
What is QuickBooks Error -6144 -82?
The QuickBooks error 6144 may occur when there are anomalies in the windows registry. Whenever users are trying to open the company file, they might face this error. The following error message pops up on the screen:
Error 6144 82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
How To Identify If The User Is Facing QuickBooks Error Code -6144 -82?
The application shows the following signs that help a user identify if it is QuickBooks Error 6144 82 or not:
- The active program will crash.
- Your windows will run slowly and respond slowly to inputs.
- Running QuickBooks is difficult as it is responding slowly.
- The error message itself appears on the screen. Sometimes, it freezes the system at regular intervals.
The Reasons Behind The Occurrence Of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
Following are the reasons behind QuickBooks Error 6144 82:
- The TLG and ND files (QuickBooks-related files) are damaged.
- Your firewall blocks the connection between the server and the other system.
- The permission to share the company file is disabled.
- The folder having the company file is damaged.
- The folder where you have stored your company file(file location) is damaged.
- Your company file name is lengthy, leading to QuickBooks Error code 6144 82.
- Faulty installation of QuickBooks.
- Your system is under malware attack. Also, either a security program or a virus may have removed windows/ QuickBooks files.
- The corrupted windows registry.
- RAM/ hard disk or another hardware is at fault, leading to data loss.
Things To Remember Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6144
We have listed some facts that you must check out before trying to fix the QuickBooks Error 6144 82 issue:
- Make sure that you have already conducted a deep malware scan on your system.
- Also, try the disk cleanup option that removes all junk from your device.
- Verify if you’ve properly shut down the host and the other systems.
- Keep all the drives of a system updated and turn off your security apps while installing and updating QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6144 82: The Solutions
QuickBooks Database Server Manager repairing, file doctor tool, renaming TLG files and others are some ways to fix the bug. However, we have mentioned some of the most effective solutions that will help you tackle the QuickBooks Error code 6144 82.
Solution 1: Repair The Windows Registry
Follow these steps below to repair the windows registry and troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6144.
- Firstly, the user may go to start–> type command.
- Do not press the enter key alone. Press ctrl+ shift and simultaneously press Enter key.
- After that, a dialogue box asking for permission appears. Click YES and continue.
- When the black screen appears, type Regedit and press Enter.
- If you see the registry error, select QuickBooks Error 6144 82.
- After that, go to the file menu–> Export.
- Then, select a folder where you want restoring a backup of the QuickBooks Company File and name that folder.
- Go to the export range box–> Selected Branch.
- Finally, save changes to the .reg file, and keep the registry entry and QuickBooks backup file with you.
This method is effective in removing the error.
Solution 2: Setting User Permissions
- Firstly, open QuickBooks–> Company tab–> search for users.
- After that, select set up users and roles–> enter the password to access the data.
- Thereafter, browse the user list, and choose the username.
Finally, modify the role. Hopefully, it will resolve the QuickBooks Error 6144.
Solution 3: Use the QBCF Monitor Service
QBCFMonitorService stands for QuickBooks Monitor Service. Also, it is a useful tool against QuickBooks Error 6144.
- Firstly, go to start–> type services–> press Enter.
- Browse and click the QBCFMonitoringservice icon.
- Thereafter, check if the services are set up in automatic mode or not.
If they aren’t verified, then check mark the option. Click Apply and OK to save the settings. It will resolve the issue.
Solution 4: Make a C Drive Folder
- Firstly, the user has to create a new folder, name it QB.
- After that, choose the read/write option in the created folders.
- In the C Drive, make these folders:
- Add User
- Add System
- Permit Read/Write for all the above-mentioned folders.
Finally, click the share button. It will enable sharing of the whole content of the folder in the system. It will resolve the issue.
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 9000?
Solution 5: Inbound And Outbound Firewall
There are times when the windows firewall may restrict the activities of software due to security reasons. Here, the firewall assumes that software is a threat to the security of the system.
QuickBooks too falls under this list. Hence, the firewall blocks its activity across the system and the web. Remove the blockade.
- Firstly, go to start–> type control panel–> advanced settings.
- After that, go to Inbound Rules–> New Rule –> Port Icon.
Finally, the user has to click next. Here, port numbers for different versions will appear. You can choose to renew them. Hopefully, it will resolve the issue.
Solution 6: Rename TLG and ND Files
Changes in these files can directly impact the functioning of QuickBooks. Hence, working on it can resolve the error.
- Firstly, install QB desktop and press the F2 key.
- Locate details of the company file and choose folders with the company file.
- Thereafter, pick files having ND and TLG extensions.
- Lastly, rename these files by adding an OLD extension. Repeat these steps for all these files.
When you are done with the process, log into your company file. Hopefully, it will resolve the issue.
Solution 7: Repair The QuickBooks error 6144 82 Using Windows Error Repair Tool
With the use of this tool, you can get access through many permissions. Apart from that, you will also get access to proxy settings, host files, a windows firewall, and a lot more options. That’s why it is also effective against the QuickBooks error 6144 82. With its help, you can fix the bug in no time.
- Firstly, the user has to download the above-mentioned windows application tool.
- After downloading, they need to install this tool by running the downloaded file.
- When done with the installation, click the scan now button and start the scanning process.
- However, if you face another bug during the scanning process, click the Repair option to fix the same.
Solution 8: Change Your Account Type
Sometimes, changing your account type can also help fix the QuickBooks Error 6144 82. Check out the mentioned steps below:
- Firstly, go to the start button and click the control panel option.
- After that, check the user account option to click the add or remove user account option.
- Finally, click the QBDserviceuser23 icon. Here, the user has to change their account type. The choice of account type depends upon the user’s requirement. They can verify it by clicking the administrator user icon.
Solution 9: Copy Your Company File In QuickBooks
The file size is also an issue when it comes to QuickBooks. Hence, to prevent the files from getting corrupted, we have to avoid the ERROR.
- Firstly, the user has to go to the C Drive. After that, they need to head to Users–> Public–> Public Documents–> Intuit–> QuickBooks–> Company Files.
- This path is the default path of your company files. Hence, all the QBW files will be visible here.
- Thereafter, copy and paste these QuickBooks files into the new folder that you just created. Name this folder QB.
Finally, make sure that you haven’t cut-pasted the QB files. It will leave the whole purpose useless.