Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0? – Database Connection Verification Failure
The Error code -6129, 0 can impact working efficiency. A user can face this error when there is an issue with verification of database connection. This error can hamper a user’s access to the QuickBooks company files. Let’s discuss further everything you need to know about QuickBooks error code 6129 0.
What is QuickBooks error code 6129?
Error code -6129 is a persistent error on QuickBooks. Whenever this issue occurs, users will find this error message on the screen:
“QuickBooks Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
When an individual is using QuickBooks software for accounting and payroll management, the database connection verification failure may happen. Also, in these situations, the software needs to connect and access the company files. Here, this error hinders this process. Call Us : 1-802-778-9005
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 6129?
- The windows OS will respond slowly to inputs.
- The system will freeze repeatedly.
- Above all, the error code will pop up and crash the current window.
- Running the program will make the system crash frequently.
What causes QuickBooks 6129 0?
- The network data file is corrupted (.ND).
- All systems in the multi-user mode aren’t updated to the latest version of QuickBooks.
- The folder permissions are incorrect, and the database server manager is not properly running operations.
- Incomplete/ damaged installation of the accounting software.
- There is a discrepancy between client and domain server.
You May Also Face: QuickBooks Install Error 1723
How To Fix Quickbooks Error 6129: The Solutions
Not every method will work in every system. Hence, to resolve QuickBooks error code 6129 0, we have listed down many solutions to help you out.
Solution 1: Disable the antivirus
Security measures, such as firewall, and antivirus do not allow a user to access a company files. The user has to disable the settings of antivirus and change the configuration of security apps for QuickBooks. By doing this in safe mode, you can resolve QuickBooks error code 6129
- Reboot the system in safe mode.
- Turn off antivirus software
- Generate another company file.
- The user has to keep the system in working mode.
Again reboot the system, open the software, and click on the company file. At last, check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Rename the network data (.ND) files
QuickBooks uses the network data file to access the company file location in a network. These are configuration files. By renaming these files through the following steps, the user can resolve QuickBooks error code 6129 0.
- Firstly, open the folder with the company file, and search for the files with extension ND.
- Secondly, rename the file with a different name and extension OLD. Some users may want to access the same company file on multiple devices. Hence, they have to follow the steps for all of their systems.
- If the company file is kept on one PC only, then the user can open the file immediately.
- Go to start–> Programs –> QuickBooks –> Database Server Manager.
- Select the scan folders tab, if there is no folder with the company file, then create a new folder. Thereafter, select the scan tab, click the close option, and at last, open the company file. Now check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Ensure there is only one domain to connect all systems
By employing an IT expert, make sure you connect all systems to a single domain. This way, the QuickBooks error 6129 0 won’t occur anymore. This way, the user has resolved the mismatch between the domain of the server and the client.
Solution 4: Copy-paste the company file to another location
- Firstly, create a new folder. Thereafter, move the company files to this newly created folder.
- In case the same file is on multiple computers, then do follow the next button.
- Then follow this path: start–> Programs–> QuickBooks–> Database Server Manager.
- Lastly, the user needs to click the scan folder tab. If there isn’t any folder for the company file, add a new folder, and click the scan tab.
After the scan is complete, close the window and open the company file. It will resolve QuickBooks error code 6129.
Solution 5: Log in as a windows administrator
When you came across QuickBooks error 6129, you may not have logged in as a system administrator.
- Firstly, open the company file. If it shows an error, log in as a system administrator and update the company file.
- You can take the help of IT professionals, or you may reach out to windows support for administrator login.
You May Also Face: QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118
Solutions 6: Troubleshoot with easy step interview
- On the EasyStep Interview tab, the user needs to choose the leave option.
- The option of save the file will appear, click on it. Finally, enter the file name and save it.
Solution 7: Using the database server manager
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The user needs to download the QB database server manager.
- Now, launch the tool hub, and check the network issues tab.
- The user has to click on the QB database server manager. Its function is to fix QB errors, including QuickBooks error 6129.
Solution 8: Use the latest QuickBooks Desktop Update
If the currently installed QuickBooks is outdated, the user may face issues in accessing the application.
If an obsolete version of the accounting software is installed in the system, it may trigger this error. You have to update the application to its latest version.
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks and go to the HELP menu.
- Select the update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Then, click the update now option, and further select the get updates option.
- This will start the downloading process. After this process ends, the user has to restart the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest update.