How to fix QuickBooks Error 6129?
QuickBooks Error 6129 occurs when QuickBooks was trying to access the company files or the database connection verification fails. The error message can seem as ‘Database Connection verification failure’. As a result, you’re unable to Open the company records. If you’re already on the network; but, still the error comes up then it’s most likely a ‘network problem’ wherever it cannot find the computer/ server that has the file.
To rectify the QuickBooks error code 6129, it’s impending to grasp the causes that have led to this error. Let’s start with the Causes and then move onto the solutions.
- The computer is running in multi-user mode and haven’t updated to the latest release.
- There is a discrepancy between the Client domain and Server.
- Corrupted/Damaged (.ND) Network file.
- The Company file upgraded to the QuickBooks Latest Version with Non-windows admin profile.
- A third -party Anti-virus is inflicting the QuickBooks Error 6129 0.
QuickBooks Error Code 6129: Solution
- If you’re creating a new Corporate file.
In this situation, select ‘leave’ within the easy step Interview Window. After this, you may get a prompt to save the file and choose YES. Select a different file name and prefer ‘Save.’
- If you’re opening or upgrading the company file.
You can open a sample Company file to examine whether the problem is related to a specific file only. If you see QuickBooks Error 6129 that downside is with all the files then apply solution 2.
Note: Ensure to change the file location. If this modification does not help then try out the solution 3 and 4 to amend it.
Solution 1: Rename ‘. ND File’
- Open the folder containing the QB company file and find the. ND file that has to be opened and therefore the users have to be compelled to find the .ND file that corresponds to the company file. For e.g.- Companyfilename.qbw.nd.
- Right-click on the .ND file
- Select ‘Rename’
- Add ‘.OLD’ and opt to Example- company file name.qbw.nd.OLD
- If the company file is utilized on several systems, then the users can set-up the QB Database Server Manager. However, if QuickBooks is ready up solely on one system then you can open the company file.
Solution 2: Copy Company File to a Different Location
- Once a new folder is created, go to the folder where the company file is situated. Then, copy QuickBooks Error Code 6129 (.QBW).
- Copying the .QBW is very important
- Paste the .QBW file in the folder that was created.
- If QuickBooks is used in several systems, then set-up folder permissions. Then add the new folder in QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
How to Setup Folder permissions?
The users will right-click on the folder that has the company file and choose Properties. Choose ‘Advanced within the security tab.’
Choose QBDataServiceUserXX & select Edit. Make sure that these settings are within the allowed mode:
- Transverse folder/ execute file
- List folder/ read data
- Read the attributes
- Read extended attributes
- Generate Files/write data
- Make folders/ append data
- Write the attributes
- Write extended attributes
- Read permissions
Steps to change ‘not properly set-up permissions.’
Right-click the folder with ‘ the company’
Choose Properties and then Select‘’
Choose ‘QBDataserviceUserXX’ & then select ‘Full ’
Next, choose ‘’
Change Folder Permissions
- Firstly, press Windows +E
- Now open File Explorer
- Go to Folder and choose Properties
- Perform these steps for all the folders on the List. Note: ‘Apply to all folders’ applies as per the QuickBooks version.
- Select ‘Everyone’ within the security tab. However, if everyone seems to be not within the ‘Group’ or the ‘User name box,’ the users will add and then type ‘Everyone.’
- Press OK
- Next, select ‘Full Control’ and press ‘Apply.
- Press OK
- However, if QuickBooks is used on a single system, then you can open the company file.
Solution 3: Restart PC in Safe Mode
If you restart the system in the Safe Mode, then this can stop the third-party application to limit QuickBooks to run. You’ll try and disable third-party Antivirus and security programs temporarily.
We hope this article can assist you to resolve QuickBooks Error 6129. If the above-shown procedures don’t resolve your problems, get in contact with our Accounting Error Support at +1-844-929-2244 for help.