How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270?
Learn the best ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 15270.
QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270 happens when users are trying to download and update payroll, and they fail to do so. This blog attempts to answer all queries related to the issue. Also, we will learn how to fix the error.
QuickBooks is a widely used accounting software. It facilitates preparing financial statements, filing taxes, bookkeeping, and all other such functions. However, users also have to deal with bugs. These bugs are known as QuickBooks Errors. Here, we will discuss Error 15270 in detail. Call Us Now For Quick Solutions
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
The QuickBooks update error 15270 is a commonly appearing error that usually occurs when users are trying to update payroll in QuickBooks software. The following error message pops up on the screen:
Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.
Why Does QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270 Occur?
There are many reasons why you can’t update the payroll.
- The user has not set up Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Your user account settings are ON, blocking the internet connection. A firewall can also block the server.
- Update files are not completely downloaded.
- The system fails to download your file updates completely.
- The installation process of QuickBooks is not complete.
- Your internet connection is weak/ unstable.
Fixing QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15270
There are multiple reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 15270. Hence, we will list down all possible solutions.
Solution 1: Downloading Payroll Update
Since payroll update is the root cause, we will newly download the entire payroll update and resolve error code 15270.
- Firstly, restart QuickBooks. In case the QuickBooks Update Service option pops up, click the Install Later button.
- After that, go to the Help menu–> Update QuickBooks.
- Thereafter, go to the Update QuickBooks window–> click Update Now–> Reset Updates checkbox. Finally, you have to choose the Get Updates button and press OK to confirm your actions.
- After this process, the Get Updates button will get active. Also, the update complete option will appear.
- Now, the user has to restart QuickBooks.
- When the QuickBooks Update Service appears, click Install Now. After this, the update will install successfully.
- At last, go to employees–> Get Payroll Updates. It will install the payroll updates. Download the entire payroll update by clicking the Update button.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 4120?
Solution 2: Check If The Subscription Is Active Or Not
For basic/ Standard/ Enhanced Payroll:
- Follow this path: Employees menu–> My Payroll Service–> Account/Billing Information OR Account Info/ Preferences.
- After that, sign into the Intuit Account. This will take you to the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page. You can check whether your subscription is inactive or active.
For Assisted Payroll:
- Follow this path: Go to Employees–> My Payroll Service–> Account/ Billing Information OR Account Info/ Preferences.
After that, when QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance opens, close the screen. You will see an update and easily re-validate the payroll service. Also, it will solve the issue of QuickBooks update error 15270.
Solution 3: Check The Service Key And EIN
EIN stands for Employer Identification Number. There is a chance that you have put your Social Security Number in place of EIN. Also, you may have not put your Service Key at all.
Therefore, check all these items in your accounting software to verify if all the data is filled correctly or not. It will help determine the cause behind QuickBooks payroll update error 15270.
Solution 4: Quick Fix My Program
Tool Hub is software made by QuickBooks to help solve many bugs that arise in the application. The tool hub has many tools and we are mentioning here the most effective tool out of them. You can get the best experience if using Tool Hub on 64-bit windows 10:
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks. After that, download and save the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe). However, if you have previously installed the bug repairing application, then go to its Home tab and verify if you are using the latest version or not.
- Run the file to install the application. Wait for the process to complete.
- When the installation is finished, open the application.
- Here, go for the Program Problems option on the left, and choose QuickFix My Program.
- Let it complete the task. After that, reopen the application to check if this issue is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Check Internet And Browser Settings
- Firstly, check whether the Internet Explorer is set as the default browser or not.
- To verify, go to Programs tab–> Internet Options. After that, go to the default web browser–> Make Default button.
- Finally, go for a hardwire connection instead of wireless/ Wifi internet connection.
- Users of Windows 8/ 7/ Vista: Turn off the User Account Control from the control panel for a while.
Subsequently, it will resolve the issue.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error 6000
Solution 6: Go For A Clean Install Of QuickBooks
Clean installation tools of the QuickBooks Desktop are always effective against many errors, including this issue.
- Firstly, uninstall the QB Software.
- After that, rename the folders.
Finally, reinstall the software.