How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15271
QuickBooks 15271 issue is a common issue encountered by users; this error occurs while the users try to update or install QuickBooks. This error often arises due to various factors, such as corrupted system files or issues with the Windows registry.
Understanding the causes and solutions for the error is essential for maintaining the stability and reliability of QuickBooks operation. In this article, we have shared a list of solutions that will help you in resolving QuickBooks Error 15271.
What is Quickbooks Error 15271, & How does it Look when it occurs
This error appears when a user is either updating or installing the QuickBooks Desktop Version, for instance, QuickBooks Pro/Payroll/Desktop. The QuickBooks error 15271 usually indicates that there is a file that cannot be validated.
The QuickBooks error 15271 occurs on the screen in the form of a message that states:
|The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
|The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
What are the causing roots behind the Quickbooks Error 15271
Here is a list of a few common reasons why the QuickBooks error 15271 appears. Some of the reasons are given below:
- If QuickBooks Pro is not installed properly or if the downloaded software file is corrupted.
- Changes in the QuickBooks Pro software or other recent modifications can corrupt the Windows registry, leading to the error.
- Virus attacks can corrupt the Windows file system or program files required for QuickBooks Pro, resulting in errors during usage.
- If files related to QuickBooks Pro are mistakenly deleted, it can cause operational issues and errors.
- Corruption in Windows files essential for running QuickBooks may occur, triggering errors and hindering proper functionality.
- Error may occur if the SSL settings of the Internet Explorer are configured incorrectly.
How can we identify the effect of Quickbooks Error 15271
Here are some signs and symptoms for the QuickBooks error 15271 that can help you in rectifying the error:
- One of the common signs is the system response time gets slow, and QuickBooks software crashes from time to time.
- The Windows OS works sluggishly.
- Another one can be the system shuts down now and then.
Customized Solution for Quickbooks Error 15271
Before moving with the solutions, you can try these customized steps for quick resolution:
- To solve this error, the first thing you need to create is a comprehensive backup for your QuickBooks data to protect it against data loss during the troubleshooting step.
- After this, ensure all applications are closed before restarting the computer and logging in as an administrator.
- Then, verify that your QuickBooks login credentials are up-to-date and log in to QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Now, disable UAC in Windows; before turning off UAC, review the specific applications and tasks that may be affected by the changes.
- Before making any changes to the system registry, research and understand the specific registry keys that are related to QuickBooks error 15271.
- After that, clean the junk files from your system and use reputable disk cleanup utilities recommended by trusted sources to remove junk files safely.
- Then, perform a clean installation of QuickBooks in selective startup mode, but before initiating the clean, ensure all existing QuickBooks files are backed up to prevent data loss.
- Install the payroll update in safe mode, but before installing, verify the compatibility of the payroll update with the QuickBooks version.
- Confirm the stability of the internet connection before updating QuickBooks Desktop and Windows to the latest release.
Solutions of Quickbooks Error 15271
Solutions Part 1
Before moving ahead with the solutions, follow the precautionary steps below:
- Ensure all unsaved work is saved properly before restarting.
- Use a strong, unique password for administrative accounts to prevent unauthorized access.
- Create a backup of the registry before making any changes to restore it in case of errors.
- Review the list of files to be deleted before confirming cleanup to prevent data loss.
- Consider creating a system restore point before making changes to UAC settings for easy restoration if needed.
Solution Part 2
Now that we have covered all the possible reasons for the QuickBooks error 15271 follow the below-given steps carefully to solve the error:
Solution 1: Restart Your Computer & Login As an Administrator
Restarting your computer and logging in as an administrator are initial steps to address many software issues, including QuickBooks error 15271. This process ensures a fresh start and grants administrative privileges, allowing users to troubleshoot effectively. Follow our guide, which includes the whole process of how to log in as an administrator.
Solution 2: Login to QuickBooks As An Administrator or with Admin Rights
The users may face the QuickBooks 15271 error if they haven’t logged in as administrators in QuickBooks. In such an instance, try logging into Windows utilizing the admin credentials. Follow the steps below:
- First, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select the Run as administrator option.
- Now, enter the valid user credentials.
- Then, tap the Enter button after inserting the information.
Solution 3: Turn Off UAC on Windows
By turning off UAC, users aim to reduce permission conflicts and potential interference from third-party software that may trigger the QuickBooks 15271 error. Follow the steps below to turn off UAC in Windows:
In Windows Vista:
If you’re using Windows Vista, then follow the steps below:
- First, press the Windows button on the keyboard and type Control Panel in the search box.
- Now, choose the User Accounts option and click on User Accounts again.
- Then, tap the link Turn User Account Control on or off, followed by clicking the OK button.
Note: To help protect your computer, uncheck the option to Use User Account Control (UAC).
- Lastly, click ON and reboot the system.
In Windows 7, 8, and 10
- For Windows 7, 8, and 10 users, the first step is to open the Control Panel settings.
In Windows 7: Click on the start tab and then select the Control Panel
In Windows 8: Click on the start menu, type Control Panel on the search box, and then press the Enter button.
- Now, choose the User Accounts option and click on User Accounts again.
- Then, click on the Change User Account Control Settings option.
- This is followed by Turning off the UAC and dragging the slider down to Never Notify.
- After that, tap on the OK button and Enter the password or confirmation when prompted.
Note: If you want to make any changes, then you need to reboot your system.
- Turn ON your UAC by dragging the slider to when you want to be notified.
- Lastly, click on the OK button.
1. Hopefully, this solution will help you in this critical time. But if the problem persists, then restart your QuickBooks.
2. If the QuickBooks Update Service message window prompts, click Install Later and then reset your QB release update.
Solution 4: Change the System Registry
Users may also opt to make adjustments to the Windows Registry to address error code 15271 in QuickBooks. Here are the steps for modifying the system registry:
- First, Apply any registry repair system where you can fix the harmed registry entries that are related to the QuickBooks software.
- Now, press the start button.
- Then, write commands in the search box and avoid hitting the enter key.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift key simultaneously on your keyboard and then hit the enter key.
- After that, select Yes, and a permission dialog box will pop up.
- A black box accompanied by a blinking cursor will appear on the screen.
- Type regedit on the screen and hit the Enter button.
- You are required to choose the error 15271 from a registry editor.
- Now, from the main menu file, select export.
- After that, choose the folder where you want to save the data backup and then select the Save option.
- Next, save a file and make sure to select the Branch selected from the Export range.
- Then, secure the attack of malware contamination. After that, utilize the malware expulsion system and then organize the malware from the system.
- Lastly, Remove all understandable and garbage records from the system.
Solution 5: Clean The Junk Files from Your System
Cleaning junk files or performing system maintenance is important for maintaining the optimal performance of your system, especially when facing the Quickbooks 15271 error. Follow the steps below to clean junk files from your system:
- First, you’re supposed to perform a full malware scan on your system.
- Now, clean all the junk files.
- Then, update the PC device drivers right away.
- After that, make use of the Windows system to Restore them and fix them as recent system changes.
- Uninstall or reinstall the QuickBooks Pro app that is related to this critical error 15271.
- Now, run your Windows System File Checker.
- Lastly, perform a Clean installation of Windows OS.
Note: For a better understanding of how to clean the junk files or temporary files from the system that might be contributing towards the QuickBooks error 15271. Follow our guide that includes the complete process.
Solution 6: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
You can repair the error up to a certain extent by performing a clean installation in QuickBooks. Here are the steps to clean and install QuickBooks in selective startup mode:
- First, press the Windows + R button simultaneously on your keyboard.
- This command will open the Run dialogue box.
- Now, type msconfig and click the OK option.
- Then, click on the general tab in the main menu.
- Under the Selective Startup option, choose Load System Services.
- After that, click on the Services option and then check the box Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click on the Disable All option.
- Now, uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Then, verify that the Windows installer is marked as checked and verify the service list. If not, then check mark the same and click the OK option.
- After this, on your system configuration option, click on the Restart tab.
- Lastly, after the computer system is restarted, perform an uninstallation and reinstallation of your QuickBooks.
Solution 7: Install Payroll Updates in Safe Mode
- First, select the Start button from your desktop, and choose the Restart option from the Shutdown menu.
- Now, open the Advanced Boot options screen by pressing the F8 key while the Windows reboots.
- Then, click on the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter Key.
- Lastly, install the payroll updates again after Windows restarts in Safe Mode.
Solution 8: Update QuickBooks Desktop & Windows to The Latest Release
Updating QuickBooks Desktop and Windows to the latest releases for error 15271 is important as new updates frequently involve bug fixes, security patches, and improvements. It is necessary to keep both your QuickBooks software and operating system up-to-date as it might address issues that are related to error 15271. Follow our guide for the complete process of updating QuickBooks software and Windows to the latest version.
We hope this article can assist you to resolve QuickBooks Error 15271. If the above-shown solution does not fix your problems effectively, it’s best to get technical assistance from a professional. Therefore, get in contact with our eBetterBooks Error Support team at 1-860-497-7164 for technical help and they will help you to troubleshoot your issues efficiently.
Helpful Article : QuickBooks File Doctor – Resolve Company File & Network Errors