Are you looking for the solutions of QuickBooks Error Code H505? If yes, you are at the right place. Here, you can get all the required solutions that will assist you in fixing the same error.
According to Intuit Disclosure, QuickBooks is one of the prominent accounting software that is widely used by various business owners. Although, it can’t be neglected that QuickBooks is not free of error codes and bugs. In this write-up, we are going to discuss one of such error codes. QuickBooks Error H505 is one of the H-series codes which is related to multi-user access.
What is QuickBooks Error Code H505?
- 1.1 What are the indications of QuickBooks Error Code H505?
- 1.2 What may cause QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Resolving QuickBooks Error Code H505
- 1.3.1 Method 1: Configure QuickBooks Hosting & Services
- 1.3.2 Method 2: Utilise QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- 1.3.3 Method 3: Check the PC’s Firewall Settings and Create Exceptions
- 1.3.4 Method 4: Use QuickBooks Tools Hub to run the Database Server Manager on the Server
- 1.3.5 Read Also: Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 99001 -Unable to Open the Company File
- 1.3.6 Method 5: Verify QB Services on the Server
- 1.3.7 Method 6: Make Changes to the Host File
- 1.3.8 Method 7: Create a New QuickBooks Company File
- 1.3.9 To Conclude
What is QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Error Code H505 encounters at the time of switching QuickBooks to the Multi-user mode. This error may block the multi-user connection to the server and display the following error message.
“Error H505: QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.”
Additionally, you may experience the error H505 while launching the company file that has not been saved on the PC. To get quick fixes of the same, check out the whole post.
What are the indications of QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Here, you can check out all the possible symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505.
1. When you fail to run QuickBooks in multi-user mode, it indicates the system is affected by QB Error H505.
2. The QuickBooks program window starts crashing repeatedly.
3. You will be unable to launch the QuickBooks company file that has been stored on the server.
4. QuickBooks Error H505 frequently appears on the PC’s screen.
What may cause QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Have a look at the following causes that might give rise to the error H505 QuickBooks.
1. You might face QuickBooks Error Code H505 due to damage or an incorrect (.ND) file.
2. When QuickBooks software can’t find out the IP address of the Host Computer, this may cause an issue.
3. Due to wrong DNS settings.
4. When the QB DBXX service is not running, you might experience QuickBooks Error Code H505.
5. Because of the incorrect or improper settings of Hosting Configuration.
6. If there is incoming and outgoing communication to the company file, QB error H505 takes place.
7. When you are facing issues in scanning QuickBooks files/ folders with the Database Server on the server.
Resolving QuickBooks Error Code H505
You should follow the below solutions to tackle error H505. In case, you don’t want to troubleshoot the error on your own, hire one of our technicians.
Method 1: Configure QuickBooks Hosting & Services
Steps to verify QuickBooks Services
1. First of all, ensure that QBCFMonitor & QuickBooksDBXX are running by following these steps.
- Choose Windows or Start option.
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Enter MSC and press Enter in the Run box.
2. Open the service window and look for QuickBooksDBXX service.
3. If you can’t find the QuickBooksDBXX service, go through the following steps.
● Ensure that you have an installation of QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the Server.
● Make sure that QuickBooks Hosting is turned on.
4. Verify that startup type and service status have started by opening the QuickBooksDBXX service.
5. At last, go to the Recovery tab and save the changes.
Steps to verify QuickBooks Hosting Settings
1. Initially, launch QuickBooks on each hosting PC.
2. Choose File and go to Utilities.
3. Your PC is unable to host the file if the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ is appearing on the screen.
4. Now, choose the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option.
5. Select the Company and then click on the ‘File Must Be Closed window.’
6. Lastly, choose Yes.
Method 2: Utilise QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks Desktop file doctor tool has been specifically introduced to diagnose QB error codes. you first require downloading and installing the doctor tool and then following these steps to resolve QuickBooks multi-user error H505.
1. Firstly, choose Company File Issues from the tool hub.
2. After that, click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
3. Select your company file from the drop-down menu.
4. Now, click Check your file and press Continue.
5. Finally, enter the QuickBooks admin password and choose Next.
Method 3: Check the PC’s Firewall Settings and Create Exceptions
1. To start with, choose the Windows key and tap on Control Panel settings.
2. Go to the Control Panel and choose the Firewall Settings.
3. After that, click the ‘allow a program via the system’s firewall’ option.
4. Now, choose the add program and add the QuickBooks 20xx to the exception list.
5. Lastly, reboot the PC to save the changes.
Method 4: Use QuickBooks Tools Hub to run the Database Server Manager on the Server
If you don’t have an installation of QuickBooks Tools Hub, apply the following steps to download and install the tool hub on the server.
1. First of all, close QuickBooks and then download the QuickBooks tools hub file.
2. Save the downloaded file on your desktop.
3. Now, launch the file (QuickBooksToolHUb.exe).
4. Follow ongoing prompts to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
5. Double-tap on the windows desktop to launch the tool hub.
In case, you can’t find the icon, look it in windows for the QuickBooks tools hub and then click the Program.
After installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub, you are required to access QuickBooks Database Server Manager by following the underneath steps.
1. You first need to click Network Issues from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
2. And then, choose QuickBooks database server manager. If you have not installed it earlier, you will be asked to install it.
3. Now, choose the Start Scan option. Else, browse to the location of the company file.
4. The database server manager will automatically repair the firewall permissions.
5. Once you are done with the scanning process, choose Close.
6. Finally, launch QuickBooks on each of the workstations. And, select the file option along with the ‘switch to multi-user mode’ option.
Method 5: Verify QB Services on the Server
1. Open the Windows Start menu on the Server.
2. Launch the Run window and type in services.MSC. Press Enter.
3. Double-click on the QuickBooksDBXX from the list where XX indicates the QuickBooks version.
4. Go to the automatic tab for the startup type and make sure that the service status is active. If not so, click the Start tab.
5. Choose the recovery tan and restart the service.
6. Now, click apply > Ok.
7. Finally, repeat these steps for QBCFMonitorService
Method 6: Make Changes to the Host File
To find the IP address and name of the Workstation and Server, have a look at the underneath steps.
1. Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to launch the Run window.
2. Now, write CMD in the Run window and press Enter to launch the Command Prompt window.
3. After that, type ipconfig/all and choose the Enter key.
4. Note down the IP Address and Hostname because you have to repeat all these steps for all PCs having a multi-user setup.
Go through the following steps to edit the Windows Hosts File.
1. You first need to close QuickBooks and choose the Start menu.
2. Choose ‘move to this PC’ and go to the following path.
C: \Windows \ System32 \ Drivers \ ETC ‘or’ C: \ Windows \ Syswow64 \ Drivers \ ETC.
3. Follow the hidden files and folders. If you can’t find the Windows folder, check out the following steps.
● Click on the View tab > Hidden items.
● Right-tap on the host file and then click Open > Open it with notepad.
● After that, enter IP Address and Computer Name by using the tab key.
● Save the changes and re-try to launch QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Method 7: Create a New QuickBooks Company File
1. Firstly, create a 'Replacement Folder' on the Host PC.
2. Share the original folder and Windows access permissions to share QB company files.
3. Remember not to run the digital computer.
4. Open a new folder and copy the .QBW file in multi-user mode.
5. Lastly, access the company file.
We have included all the related facts to QuickBooks Error Code H505. Hopefully, this write-up helped you in getting rid of the error. There might be chances of losing data while applying any of the above-listed steps. Therefore, we will advise you to take the assistance of an expert at the time of resolving QB error H505.
For further assistance, ring us at 1-860-497-7164 to get connected with our ebetterbooks team. We will be pleased to help you all round the clock.