How to fix QuickBooks Error 61?
QuickBooks Desktop is one of the popular products introduced by Intuit. While using QuickBooks desktop, we may face several issues and one of the most common problems we encountered is QuickBooks error 61.
QuickBooks error 61 arises when there are issues in the registry or windows framework. This error can occur when updating, repairing, installing the app, and even sending or receiving QuickBooks data.
Call Helpdesk at Technical Support Number (800)-409-8611 for Immediate Error Support
In this article, we are going to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 61, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- .QBW file (QuickBooks company file)profaned.
- Many times .TLG or .ND file was corrupted.
- A virus attack, malware, or spyware can produce a blunder.
- QuickBooks error 61 could occur if your bank offers you another Mastercard or account number.
- Critical windows framework or registry page deleted mistakenly.
4 Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 61
You can fix QuickBooks error 61 by following these four different ways:
- Go to the file menu, choose Utilities and click on Rebuild data.
- You will get a message to backup your company file, click Ok.
- Wait for sometime until the message “QuickBooks is not responding” is displayed.
- Click Ok once you receive the message “Rebuild has completed“.
- Re-sort chart of accounts, items, or classes list.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop menu bar and select -> Lists -> Chart of Accounts.
- Tick on “Include Inactive” checkbox which is at the bottom.
- In the menu bar, click on View and select the Re-sort List.
- Press OK button when you receive a message “Are you sure you want to return this list to its original order?”
- Now verify the company file.
- Continue to the next step if QB error 61 still exists.
- Create a fresh account and merge it to a broken account.
- Try to open the file and check if the matter has been resolved.
If you’re still facing the same issue, continue to the next solution.
- First, launch the latest version of the QB Desktop.
- Scroll to the file menu and click on the option “Open or Restore Company.“
- Choose ‘Open Company File‘ and click on Next.
- Search for data file and click on Open.
- If “Move Company File” window appears, follow the mentioned instructions.
- Download the data shown in ‘Update Company File for current Version’.
- Click on ‘Update Now’ and follow the directions.
- The message ‘You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks… Do you want to continue?’ appears. Click Yes.
- Copy the backup you created and search for .qbw files.
- Once you’ve received the file, check the Payroll service, and choose Account Info/process.
Continue to the fourth method if the problem doesn’t get sorted out.
- Download Reimage Repair Tool.
- Click Yes to start the installation process.
- Reimage Repair Tool will clean your desktop to figure out the status of the system and its applications.
- Reimage indicate damages and repair correction throughout the cleanup.
- Click on begin Repair.
- Restart the computer and open QuickBooks to ascertain if the matter has been resolved or not.
The solutions mentioned above will help you solve QuickBooks Error 61.
In case you cannot fix QuickBooks Error 61 or are unable to understand the issue, reach out to our accounting helpline number (800)-409-8611 for immediate support. If you want to outsource accounting services online, please schedule an appointment.