How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1920?
Similarly like any other accounting software, Intuit’s QuickBooks at times doesn’t respond properly which resulted in the occurrence of technical error. Often during QuickBooks Database Manager Service falls short to start – Caused QuickBooks Error 1920. When the error occurred a message on your screen will reflect stating “QuickBooks Data Manager Service failed to start”. This occurs due to the QB Database Manager Server is not able to access the hard drive on your system in order to make a connection to company files.
- A malfunction in the operating system of your desktop
- QuickBooks Installation failed
- Invalid entries in the registry of your windows
- Virus or malware is present in your system
- Amid power failure or some other issue, improper system shut down occurs which ought to be among the possible causes.
- Important files or registered entry deletion
Fix QuickBooks Error 1920
Solution 1: Update your windows if it isn’t updated
- Remove any security software from you system
- Turn the firewall is OFF, if its ON
- Be ensure, while fixing the error you aren’t running multiple programs on your system
- In case your software was operating with the security earlier then check whether the security is updated or not.
Solution 2: Change the name of your QB Desktop company file
To change the name of QuickBooks Desktop Company file installation folder,
You need to use windows explorer. With the window explorer assistance, you will be in position to locate and rename every folder’s location listed for the versions of windows.
- Open company file in the QuickBooks Desktop
- Press F2 or Ctrl+1 to access the product description
- Note down the company file’s location which is listed in the file data
- Shut down the application
- To navigate them to the location of the company file
- Right-click on the window start button and then select file explorer
- After that, click on the file and choose “rename”
- Type the new name for the company file and proceed by pressing enter and click yes for the confirmation
For Windows 7, 8 and 10:
- C:\Program Data\Intuit
- C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
Solution 3: Set up QuickBooks desktop to use the new Company file name
- Open QB
- Go to the QuickBooks file menu – click on Open or Restore and existing company
- Open company file and click on Next
- Click “Open”
We’ve got a positive feeling that the steps are performed within the order counseled to induce eliminate error 1920. In some cases, the above-mentioned steps might not facilitate and you continue to face problems, you can contact Tech Support Phone Number +1-844-929-2244 for technical assistance.
Are you looking for accounting help or financial advice for your business? Discover our services here.