QuickBooks Error 15311 is one of the errors related to its payroll function. The users may face this error while updating the applications. In this comprehensive guide of QuickBooks Error Code 15311, we will discuss every detail related to this error.
What Is Error 15311?
- 1.1 What Are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15311 ?
- 1.2 Why Does QuickBooks Error 15311 Occur?
- 1.3 How to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15311: The Solutions
What Is Error 15311?
Users will face QuickBooks update error 15311 when they are downloading/ installing the QuickBooks software. Thus, the users may not be able to refresh the application. They may also find this error message on the screen:
“QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully.”
“Cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll”.
What Are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15311 ?
Knowing the symptoms of this error can help resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15311 without much hassle. Here are the things you might notice when facing this error:
- The active window crashes whenever this error pops up.
- The windows OS works slowly and doesn't respond to inputs.
- The system also freezes periodically.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 15311 Occur?
The user must know why QuickBooks Error 15311 occurs. Hence, learn about them to avoid such situations in the future:
- The user has downloaded/ installed a corrupted QB file.
- Your system is infected with malware/viruses.
- There is a damaged Windows registry.
- The QB files are missing, or there is an incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- Third-party security programs have taken QuickBooks Desktop as a threat, hence they are blocking its functions.
- Windows firewalls may also hamper the functioning of QuickBooks, due to security reasons.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15311: The Solutions
These are some of the most effective solutions to tackle the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15311:
Solution 1: Download And Install Digital Signature Certificate
- Go to Windows File manager --> QuickBooks Installation Directory --> Follow this path: C:Program Files (x86)IntuitQuickBooks folder
- After that, search for the QBW32.exe file. After right-clicking on the file, select properties.
- Go to Digital Signature --> Details --> View Certificate --> General.
- The user will see an Install Certificate option. When they click this option, it will open the option of the import wizard window.
- Go to the store location option, available under the current user.
- Then finish the process and complete the import.
If it doesn't resolve the error, then try other methods.
Solution 2: Check if the Internet Explorer Settings Are Correct
- Firstly, make sure the Internet Explorer is set to be the default browser.
- Then, verify if data and timing are correctly set.
- After that, double click on the time display and rectify the date and time if needed. If the time zone isn't right, rectify that also.
- Verify cipher strength and go to the official Intuit website.
- Press the alt key to access the menu bar, and click the file option to select properties.
- At last, look for the number under connection, after which, you have to phrase bit connection. Now, by going through tools, update the settings, and after that, go to Internet options.
- After that, delete all temporary files. Then, go to connections, and select LAN settings.
- Finally, click the checkbox to automatically detect settings. If you don't want to use any of them, keep the proxy servers blank.
- In the advanced tab, scroll down, and mark the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- At last, the user has to verify the publisher's certificate. After this, they need to scroll down the list and ensure that TLS2.0 is unchecked. It will resolve the error.
Solution 3: Manually Resolving the Error
- Firstly, ensure that your QuickBooks subscription is active.
- After that, update the QB desktop with its latest release.
- Ensure that the payroll service key is accurate. To do that, follow this process.
- Go to --> Employees --> My Payroll Service
- Click --> Manage Service Keys
- Now, go to Edit and check if the key is correct.
- Tap Next, and click on the Finish tab
- Finally, reboot the system.
Solution 4: Download and Install Diagnostic Tool
Launched by Intuit, the diagnostic tool is a great way to resolve many QuickBook errors, one of them being this error. We will understand how to use it.
- Firstly, download and install the QB tool hub.
- Then launch this tool and go to its installation issues tab.
- After that, go to the QB install diagnostic tool button, with this, the tool will look for errors and repair them automatically.
With this article, we tried to resolve every query related to this error. It was a comprehensive guide on the issue that mentioned symptoms, reasons, and ways to fix the error. Therefore, you are better prepared to deal with them in the future.
The solutions mentioned above will help you solve QuickBooks Error 15311. In case you cannot fix Error 15311 or are unable to understand the issue, reach out to eBetterBooks error support phone number 1-860-497-7164 for immediate support.