Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 15101 | Run-Time Error
Follow this post to get the best solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 15101.
Whenever a user tries for a payroll update or the QuickBooks application update, it may face QuickBooks Error 15101. Hence, we will learn how to resolve the run-time error from different techniques.
Millions of small and big business owners are using QuickBooks. It is an accounting and bookkeeping software that comes with multiple features and functionalities. Also, with less cost and more accuracy, users can prepare all financial statements in a lesser time. However, it also has lots of bugs, known as QuickBooks Error Code 15101.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15101?
Whenever users try to update the accounting software or Payroll, they may face interruption if QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15101 occurs. When the users cannot connect to the internet, the QuickBooks cannot update or it is unable to access secure sites, the users will face this error.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 15101 Occur?
There are multiple reasons why QuickBooks Payroll Error 15101 might occur. For instance:
1. The digital signature certificate is uninstalled.
2. Also, the program file Intuit QuickBooks that connects with secured websites is not running properly. (QBWebconnector.exe)
3. Internet connection is either unstable or not correctly connected. This may also give rise to QuickBooks Update Error 15101.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15101
Depending upon the reasons behind QuickBooks Error 15101, we have listed many ways to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Installing the Digital Signature Certificate
● From the official website of Intuit, download and install the Digital Signature Certificate for the computer.
● In your system, look for the file QBW32.exe file. This file is located under the program files. Here, a QuickBooks folder is also available.
● For users of Windows operating system 7, they can find it through the search bar option.
● Right-click the file and choose the properties option.
● After that, go to the Digital Signature tab –> select Intuit Inc from the signature list.
● Go to details–> View Certificate–> Certificate Window–> Install Certificate.
● Lastly, click next and finish the process.
Finally, restart your computer and open the QuickBooks software. Try downloading the software once again to check if QuickBooks Update Error 15101 is resolved or unresolved.
Solution 2: Checking the Internet Explorer Settings
Correct the internet settings in favor of QuickBooks to fix the errors.
● Go to run–> type inetcpl.CPL –> Press enter key for OK.
● Open the General tab–> Delete–> Temporary Internet Files and Website Files–> Delete.
● Go to the Connections tab –> LAN settings –> Press OK.
● Open the Advanced tab –> scroll down to the security section.
● Verify if TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are unchecked.
● Also, verify if TLS 1.2 is check marked.
At last, check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Using the Safe Mode
● Open the system in safe mode with networking.
● After that, redownload the updates.
● When the installation is successful, restart the system in normal mode settings.
Usually, this method resolves all kinds of errors, including this issue.
Solution 4: Ending the Process
This technique works with all software, not just QuickBooks Desktop. It can surely repair the error.
● Open the Task Manager. For this, you can go to the search bar and type “Task Manager”. You can also go to the taskbar by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
● Go to the Processes tab, and look for QBConnector.exe.
● Lastly, right-click the file and choose the end process option.
Solution 5: Check the Firewall Settings
● Go to the control panel–> System and Security –> Windows Firewall.
● On the top left corner, users will find the advanced settings button.
● Click the button and explore the settings to check if the configuration is against QuickBooks. The firewall may assume QuickBooks as malware, and therefore, restrict its functioning.
Solution 6: Run reboot.bat Files
Windows products have files such as DLL and OCX. By running the reboot.bat files, you can re-register these files.
- Firstly, close QuickBooks.
- After that, right-click the QB icon→ Properties.
- Now, check the shortcut tab→ Open File Location.
- Here, you’ll find a reboot file under the name reboot.bat.
- By a right-click, run this file as an administrator.
- Click User Account Permissions by pressing Yes button. A CMD window will pop up and show another file scrolling.
- Restart the system and open QB Desktop.
- Finally, click install and download the latest updates.
Hopefully, the above-given information is useful for you. But if you still facing any kind of issues with your software and need professional assistance, regarding accounting, bookkeeping & accounting software-related issues then feel free to get in touch with us at +1-802-778-9005, or you can mail to us at: [email protected]