The QuickBooks Error 12029 is a payroll-related error. QuickBooks users often get stuck with this error. Therefore, in this article, we will break down every detail related to QuickBooks Error code 12029.
What Is Error 12029?
- 1.1 The Reasons Behind The Occurrence of QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 12029
- 1.2 Methods to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029
- 1.3 Conclusion
What Is Error 12029?
Whenever the user is trying to update the payroll application or QuickBooks desktop. But, it may also arise when servers are connected to a weak network. The users will find an error message stating that they are facing QuickBooks Update Error 12029.
The Reasons Behind The Occurrence of QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 12029
The above-mentioned QuickBooks Error code 12029 may arise due to many reasons. Hence, we have categorized these differences into two categories:
- The QuickBooks has failed to connect to the internet.
- The accounting software is going through some other connection issues.
- There are chances that the server might be blocked.
- Another common internal reason is QB update timeout.
- The company file might be corrupted.
- There might be issues with downloading the update of QuickBooks Payroll.
- The firewall/ internet settings are restricting QuickBooks software access to the server.
- Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser.
- There are incorrect SSL settings.
- Your internet plan has expired.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029
There is no single method to fix Error Code 12029. Hence, we have listed down all possible ways that may resolve Error 12029.
Method 1: Analyzing Internet Explorer Settings
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer to access the internet. Hence, we need to ensure that the system has Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Close QuickBooks. Go to Internet Explorer --> Tools --> Internet Options. (If you can't find Tools, press ALT)
- After that, go to security tab and select the Globe symbol. Also, ensure the security level is kept Medium-high.
- Thereafter, go to connections. Now the user has two options. For instance, if they use a dial-up node, they have to choose the correct ISP. However, if they aren't using the dial-up node (DUN), they have to select the Never dial a connection option.
- After that, select LAN Settings --> Automatically Detect Settings. Also, ensure that the Proxy Server box is checked.
- In case the user has clicked on the use a proxy server option, they have to enter the entire address and port information.
- If the port is 80, users can clear the checkbox to test. However, if it is not port 80, then they need not uncheck the use a proxy server option.
- Go to advanced tab --> select Restore Advanced Settings. Under the settings, verify if Use TLS 1.2 is selected or not.
After that, close the Internet Explorer and restart the system to check if QuickBooks Error 12029 is resolved or not.
Method 2: Install/ Update Security Certificate
If any software has its security certification, it states that the application is legal and legit. Hence, it can download and Install QuickBooks updates only from the update server if it has the security certificate
- Right-click the QB Desktop icon, and go to Properties.
- After that, go to the Shortcut tab --> Open File Location --> OK.
- Right-click the EXE file of QB applications and go to its properties.
- At last, go to Digital Signature --> QuickBooks --> Details.
- Click the View Certificate option. Also, go to General tab--> Install certificate.
- Finally, go to the window of Certificate Import Wizard. Here, the user needs to set Current User as Store Location.
Click next and finish the process. Finally, click on the window of Import successful. It will resolve the QuickBooks Error code 12029.
Method 3: Verify The Internet Connection settings
Fix QuickBooks Error 12029 by verifying whether the internet connectivity is in favor of you or not.
- Go to Internet Explorer, then visit any safe site, such as www.ebetterbooks.com. You can also try www.google.com to check the accessibility.
- If the user can successfully visit the website, then they have to follow these steps:
- If you come across errors while visiting the website, you need to check the internet settings of your device. It might have alternate settings.
- Finally, check if the date and time settings of the system are correct. For that, open Internet Explorer.
- After that, click Tools --> Internet Options.
- Go to advanced --> Reset/ Restore Defaults option.
- At last, apply the changes and run updates for QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll.
At last, the user needs to check if they are still facing Error 12029 or not
Method 4: Excluding QuickBooks from Firewall
Sometimes, a windows firewall can block an application if it assumes the software is a threat. The firewall may include QuickBooks under this category, thus, restricting its access to the network, and causing QuickBooks Error code 12029.
- Go to start --> search bar -->Type Windows Firewall
- Visit the Advanced Settings, right-click on the Inbound Rules option. At last, click New Rule.
- Go to Programs --> Next --> This Program Path.
- After that, click the QuickBooks File Location --> Allow the connection.
- A list of checkboxes will appear. After that, checkmark all of them and give this rule a name. At last, finish the process to fix QuickBooks Error code 12029.
- Finally, follow the process of Inbound rules for outbound rules as well. However, do change the setting to outbound from Inbound.
At last, confirm the settings and check if QuickBooks payroll update error 12029 is resolved or not.
We hope this article can assist you to resolve QuickBooks error 12029. If the above-shown procedures don’t fix your problems, at once get in contact with eBetterBooks tech Support at 1-860-497-7164 for technical assistance.