How to Activate & Set Up View My Paycheck for QuickBooks?
Employers can now more easily give employees access to their paycheck data thanks to Intuit®’s View My Paycheck website. Employers do not need to manually provide payroll data because employees can view their paychecks at any time, 24/7, with the proper login information. This self-service function lets employees access their pay stubs and tax information through the online portal.
The current QuickBooks Workforce has all the same features and advantages as the former ViewMyPaycheck. In this article, we’ll walk you through the straightforward steps to activate View My Paycheck or Workforce in QuickBooks, and you’ll discover that the procedure is the same for both.
Comprehensive Information about View My Paycheck
You can access ViewMyPaycheck free with a web browser and a QuickBooks 2009 or later Intuit® account. Your employees can use the ViewMyPaycheck website as a conduit to gain quick and secure online access to their paycheck information. They can log in and check their payroll information at any time, from anywhere.
Here are a few highlights of the View MyPay check:
- View My Paycheck itemizes your current and year-to-date earnings and deductions. As a result, you are always aware of how your salary was determined and where your money is going.
- Do you require a hard copy of your pay stub? No issue. Then, print it for your records after clicking Save as PDF to save PDF copy to your computer.
Go to Preferences and put a tick at Send me an email when new pay stubs are available tick box. This notifies you whenever a fresh pay stub is added to ViewMyPaycheck.
Activate View My Paycheck in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks Online, then select the Employees tab.
- Select ViewMyPaycheck by clicking Manage Payroll Cloud Services.
- Create a payroll service PIN when prompted. This PIN will be used to deliver information about pay stubs. As a last check, enter the PIN once more.
Transferring Payroll Data to View My Paycheck
- Paychecks are created in the same manner as before.
- When a screen for the approval of check printing opens, follow the on-screen directions and select Send to Intuit®.
- Finally, select Send from the Send/Receive Data menu.
Getting Started as an Employee with ViewMyPaycheck
You will require the following before you can use View My Paycheck:
- You can log in using your Intuit® account if you have previously used Intuit® products. The alternative is registering for View My Paycheck and starting a new account.
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) and your most recent paycheck’s net amount. ViewMyPaycheck uses the information above to confirm that you are who you say you are.
To begin using ViewMyPaycheck, adhere to the guidelines below.
- Open your web browser and go to intuit.com.
- Hit the Sign up.
- Please enter your email address. Click Sign in link and follow the steps if you already have an Intuit® account.
- Create and verify the password you’ll use to access ViewMyPaycheck.
- Select a security query you will need to answer if you lose your user ID and password.
- Select “Sign Up.”
- Next, input your SSN and your most recent paycheck’s Net Pay. After all taxes and other deductions are made from your paycheck, the remaining amount is your net pay.
- Select All Done.
Note: To ensure that View My Paycheck is properly set up for your employees, make sure to run at least one payroll transaction.
You May Also Read: Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032
Set up QuickBooks Workforce for QuickBooks Desktop Version
- Go to Employees in QuickBooks Desktop Company and select Manage Payroll Cloud Services. (Be sure to install the most recent payroll tax table updates and update QuickBooks Desktop.)
- When the Payroll Cloud Services window appears, set the QuickBooks Workforce status to ON.
- When prompted, enter or confirm the PIN before choosing Save Changes.
- Click Return to QuickBooks in the confirmation window.
- After each payroll, complete the steps below to upload pay information:
- Create paychecks as usual in your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Make sure to choose Send to Intuit® on the Confirmation and Next Steps screen in addition to printing checks.
- Select Send from the Send/Receive Data window. Enter your Payroll Service PIN when requested.
Sending Your Employees an Invitation for QuickBooks Workforce
- Go to Employees in QuickBooks Desktop Company and select Manage Payroll Cloud Services.
- Click Invite Employees under QuickBooks Workforce Status in the Payroll Cloud Services Window.
- After then, the Employee List appears. Choose the workers you wish to grant access to, then enter their email addresses.
- Select Send Invite.
QuickBooks users now have more work flexibility thanks to ViewMyPaycheck and QuickBooks Workforce, which also give staff members easy access to payroll data. Employers no longer have to go through the inconvenience of printing the data as before. Updates, though, could occasionally result in mistakes. It is advised to seek professional assistance for technical issues.
Hopefully, the above-given information is useful for you. But if you still facing any kind of issues with your software and need professional assistance, regarding accounting, bookkeeping & accounting software-related issues then feel free to get in touch with us at +1-802-778-9005, or you can mail to us at: [email protected]
A Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any difference between ViewMyPaycheck and QuickBooks Workforce?
No, QuickBooks Workforce incorporates all the features of ViewMyPaycheck. The setup process is the same for both.
How can employees access their paycheck information through View My Paycheck?
Using View My Paycheck, employees can easily access their paycheck information. They can access their most recent earnings, deductions, and year-to-date details. They can print their pay stubs using the system and sign up to get email notifications whenever fresh pay stubs are made accessible.
How can I invite employees to QuickBooks Workforce?
Follow these steps in QuickBooks Desktop to invite staff members to QuickBooks Workforce: Select Manage Payroll Cloud Services from the Employees menu, then click “Invite Employees” next to QuickBooks Workforce Status. The invitations to join QuickBooks Workforce can be sent by simply entering the employees’ email addresses.
How can I set up QuickBooks Workforce for QuickBooks Desktop?
Access the Employees section of QuickBooks Desktop and select Manage Payroll Cloud Services to enable QuickBooks Workforce. QuickBooks Workforce status should be enabled. After activation, do the required actions to upload pay information following each payroll cycle.This guarantees that employees can easily go into QuickBooks Workforce to view pay stubs, examine pay details, and keep track of their earnings and deductions. Employees will always have access to the most recent and correct data if the pay information is routinely updated.
How can I transfer payroll data to View My Paycheck?
Follow your standard payroll creation procedure in QuickBooks. Select “Send to Intuit®” when requested while printing checks. When you take this step, secure electronic transmission of the payroll data to Intuit® is started, enabling easy record-keeping and prompt paycheck processing and delivery to employees.By choosing this feature, you can automate payroll processes, reduce human work, and increase management of employee payments’ overall effectiveness.
Do I need to be aware of any browser or system requirements?
Yes, View My Paycheck performs best on the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 10 or later
- Mozilla Firefox
Does QuickBooks allow me to email pay stubs?
QuickBooks does not permit sending pay stubs as email attachments to prioritize security and safety. Instead, QuickBooks offers a safe substitute in the form of QuickBooks Workforce, a secure online interface where workers can retrieve their pay stubs. This strategy protects confidential financial information and eliminates any hazards that could arise from email attachments. With QuickBooks Workforce, businesses can retain high data security while allowing employees to view and download their pay stubs. This gives everyone peace of mind regarding the privacy and confidentiality of payroll information.
Whenever a new pay stub becomes available, may I be notified?
You will undoubtedly be informed when a fresh pay stub becomes available; View You can receive a customized email notification from My Paycheck. Please give me an email alert whenever there is a new pay stub available. It is checked in the Preferences menu.