Know the steps that can help fix QuickBooks error code 15222
QuickBooks users face QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222 while downloading desktop and payroll updates in the application. This issue is primarily found in 2019, 2020, and 2021 versions of the software.
QuickBooks products have simplified accounting for small and medium businesses. It also helps accept payments, manage bills, perform payroll and other functions under one software. However, users also face issues with the software as it has several bugs. These are called QuickBooks Errors
What is QuickBooks Error code 15222?
Whenever users try to download or update the software, they might face Error 15222. Firewall and other security measures can restrict the actions of QuickBooks. That’s why, it is necessary to download and install the digital signature, as it fixes the error.
Why does QuickBooks Error 15222 occur?
Users might be facing QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222 due to these reasons:
- Antivirus, Malware detector, Antispyware, firewall, and other security measures may have adverse settings for QuickBooks. These programs see the accounting software as a threat.
- The registered digital signature certificate is not working, due to which Internet Explorer is not working.
- Internet Explorer is not the default browser.
What are the possible symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 15222?
- The user may see reduced system performance.
- The inability to download QuickBooks update.
- An error message pops up on the screen.
- The screen freezes sometimes.
- The user cannot download payroll updates.
How to fix error 15222: The solutions
Here we will discuss the most effective methods to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15222. Before trying these methods to fix the error, you can try some quick fixes.
For instance, update the core data files of QuickBooks. Also, update QuickBooks with its latest version, reinstall the app, and simply check if the subscription is active or not. Here are the other methods that will resolve the error:
Solution 1: The digital signature tab certificate
- Close QB Desktop and follow this path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Here, search for the QBW32.exe file. Right-click on the file to look for the properties option.
- After that, choose the view certificate in the signature certificate window, and click install certificate.
Complete the process and reboot the system. After that, download the updates again to check if QuickBooks Error 15222 is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Update anti malware, antivirus, and other security systems in favor of QuickBooks
Security systems can see QuickBooks and related files, and update as a threat. Therefore, set these related domains and extensions as an exception in anti-adware, anti-spyware, and antivirus softwares:
Above all, it is an effective method to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222.
Solution 3: Verifying the internet explorer settings
- Firstly, make Internet Explorer your default browser. Currently, QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t support the Edge browser, which is released by Microsoft.
- After that, check the date and time settings in the system, if it isn’t correct, rectify the change.
- Thereafter, check the cipher strength. If it is lower than 128 encryption, it means that the internet explorer is corrupted/ damaged.
- Also, in explorer, go to tools and click the internet options.
- In the general tab, click the delete option. Therefore, it will remove all temporary files. Apart from that, go to LAN settings in the connections tab.
With this, you have taken care of internet connectivity settings, and modem settings.
Solutions 4: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- QB Tool Hub is meant to repair the root cause of issues and fix the errors. It is available on the website of Intuit.
- Go to the official website of Intuit, and download the QuickBook Tool Hub. Run the file and install the tool hub.
- Once the installation is complete, open the Tool Hub.
- After that, go to the program problems tab, and click the QuickFix my program tab. This will run the tool.
- After the process is complete, open the QB Desktop application again. After that, go to the data file.
- If the error is yet unresolved, execute the file doctor tool available in the tool hub.
- Finally, it will alter the firewall and antivirus settings in favor of QuickBooks users. Within a few minutes, the file doctor tool will open to repair the error.
Solution 5: Turning off the windows Firewall system
- Go to start–> settings –>open windows security –> Firewall and Network Protection.
- After that, pick these options respectively: Public Network, Domain, Private Network.
- Finally, switch off the option of windows defender firewall, which contains different network types.
- At last, you have to check the internet connectivity by bypassing the router. After that, unplug the ethernet cable, connecting the router and modem together.
With this blog, we tried to answer every query related to the error. Simultaneously, we discussed what are its causes and how we can resolve them with quick methods and permanent fixes. Hence, the users can deal with this error easily in the future.
Therefore, the steps mentioned above will help you solve QuickBooks Error 15222. In case you cannot fix QuickBooks Error 15222 or are unable to understand the issue, reach out to eBetterBooks Tech Support contact number 1-802-778-9005 for immediate support.