Users often come across QuickBooks Error 15102 while downloading/installing new updates of QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll applications. In this post, we will learn more about its causes, symptoms, and ways of fixing this error.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102?
QuickBooks is a popular application for accounting and bookkeeping. However, it has its share of issues, better known as QuickBooks Error. The QuickBooks Desktop Error 15102 is error users face when downloading a QuickBooks Desktop or payroll update. They will find this error message on the screen:
“Error 15102: Failed to reset update”
Why Does Error Code 15102 Occur?
This error may happen due to multiple reasons. Some of the most prominent reasons are mentioned below:
- If the user has windows vista as their operating system, they have not logged in as Windows Administrator.
- The accounting software is running in multi-user mode in a terminal service environment.
The shared download is on, however, the location for download is neither accessible nor valid.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 15241
Before You Try To Resolve The Error:
If you can open QuickBooks Desktop do the following for installing the latest update.
- Update QB Desktop: Go to QuickBooks –> help–> Update QB Desktop –> Update Now –> Get Updates.
- Download recent payroll tax table: Go to QuickBooks –> Employees Menu –> get Payroll Updates –> Download Entire Update –> Download Latest Update.
Ways To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15102
Depending upon the causes, there are numerous ways to solve QuickBooks Error 15102. Therefore, we have mentioned the most practical methods to fix the error.
Solution 1: Switch To Single-User Mode
- When users have opened QuickBooks in a multi-user setting, they have to log out all the users from that network.
- After that, they have to open the accounting software on the system facing the error with updates.
- Go to the File menu –> Switch to Single user.
Finally, update QuickBooks Payroll again to fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 15102.
Solution 2: Verify the location of the mapped file
- Press the Ctrl+1 key. It will open the Product Information window. Locate this mapped file location. For instance: [x]:\[folder name]\[data file name]. Copy-paste this path address.
- Go to Help –> Update QuickBooks.
- After that, go to options. The user has to confirm if the download location information is accurate or not.
- The drive in Download Location must be the drive that appears in the Product Information window. (When Shared Download is set as YES)
- The QuickBooks Desktop Installation Directory and the directory in the download location must be the same. (When Shared Download is set as NO)
- In case it is an incorrect location, the user has to change its state. They have to choose NO if the shared download is selected as Yes, and vice-versa. Save these changes.
The user needs to close the window, and again download the recent tax table. It can resolve the QuickBooks Error 15102 issue.
Solution 3: Remap the Drive
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks Company File. After that, remap the network drive to a new folder.
- Now that the users have a newly mapped- drive, they need to open their company file there.
- Go to help–> Update QuickBooks.
This action will open the update QuickBooks desktop window. Here, choose the options tab, and go for the Shared Download checkbox.
- Turn it off and back on. Now make sure that the download location is using only the new mapped-drive letter.
- Save these settings and close the window.
At last, re-download the latest tax table. Hopefully, this will resolve the error.
Solution 4: Run the QuickBooks as an Administrator
- Go to desktop –> QuickBooks. Right-click on the QuickBooks icon to choose Run as an administrator.
- After that, click continue when UAC (User Account Control) asks you to run the application.
Finally, complete the QuickBooks Desktop Update to its latest version of QuickBooks. It will positively resolve the error.
Also Read: Fix QuickBooks Error 15107
Ebetterbooks tried its best to answer all the queries related to the error. However, this is not the only error that QuickBooks users have to face. That’s why you can check out the website for explanations of more such errors.
We hope this article can assist you to resolve QuickBooks error 15102. If the above-shown procedures don’t fix your problems, at once get in contact with eBetterBooks Error Support at +1-802-778-9005 for technical assistance.