The QuickBooks Error H303 is related to the H series errors in QuickBooks. The error pops up when the firewall restricts access to company files. Keep reading to learn how to fix this error. Also, know what causes this error, to be prepared to avoid such errors in the future.
QuickBooks is an accounting software that is a preference of a vast majority of SME business owners for their accounting needs. Over time, it has improved its features and added more functions to its software. Now, users can prepare accounting statements, financial reports, invoices, payroll for employees, and a lot more items. However, it still has lots of bugs, known as QuickBooks Error. This article is about one such bug: Error Code H303.
What is Error Code H303?
As said earlier, QuickBooks Error H303 comes under the H series of QuickBooks errors. Here the error is related to multi-user mode. When users are trying to access the QuickBooks company file from another system, they need additional configuration settings to enable them to do so. Hence, Error Code H303 pops up when there is a lack of such settings.
The Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error H303
When the multi-user mode is not working properly, it can trigger the QuickBooks Error Code H303 error. However, there are many other reasons why this error might arise:
- The Network Data file is corrupted/ damaged.
- The firewall is blocking server and workstation communication.
- Lack of proper additional configuration of hosting settings.
- An issue with the computer network.
- QuickBooks is not acquiring files properly from the server, because it can’t get IP addresses of company files.
- Database Server Manager Services and QBCF Monitor fail to start.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error H303: The Solutions
Since there are different reasons for why QuickBooks Error H303 occurs, there are many ways to fix the error, depending upon the reason. We have given a step by step routine for every method. Try testing this methods on your system in a similar manner.
Solution 1: Using The File Doctor Tool
- Close the QuickBooks.
- Visit the official website of Intuit. Here, download and install the latest version of QB Tool Hub.
- At last, open the QB Tool Hub.
- Go to company file issues–> Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Here, go to the drop-down list and choose the company file.
- Continue with the process and click next.
- Wait for the scan to complete. After that, the application will repair all damaged files on its own.
Finally, check back the issue of QuickBooks Error H303 by accessing the file again after the end of the process. Hopefully, it will fix the issue.
Solution 2: Change The Location Of The File.
- Firstly, make a new folder. Enable file sharing in this folder by setting the windows access permission.
- After that, copy the QBW file and paste it to the newly made folder.
- In the workstation, update the new location of the file.
- Open the company file again.
By opening the company file again, you will get to know if the error persists or not. Hopefully, it will resolve the QuickBooks Error H303 .
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1601? (Java Install Error)
Solution 3: Changing The Firewall Settings
As discussed earlier, firewall restrictions can also cause QuickBooks Error H303 . Hence, by changing its settings, we can resolve the error.
- Firstly, go to start–> control panel–> Firewall Settings.
- On the left side, click this option: Allow a program through the firewall.
- After that, go to add programs option to put QuickBooks in the exception list.
At last, save the settings and restart the system to check whether the changes have resolved the error or not. If this method wasn’t effective, check out the option mentioned below.
Solution 4: Check The Hosting Settings
- Open the QuickBooks Program across all the workstations and servers.
- After that, follow this path: File–> Utilities–> Stop Hosting Multi-User Configuration.
- However, we have to restart the hosting. Hence, go to the File menu again to do the same.
- On the file menu, follow this path: Utilities–>Host Multi-User Configuration.
Now that you have changed the hosting settings through the host multi user access option, reboot the system. After that, open the application again to verify if the QuickBooks Error H303 is resolved or not.
Additional Tip : Set-up Database Server Manager to Avoid QuickBooks Error Code H303
Here is how you can go to the Database Server manager:
Go to the computer where the company file exists. After that, go to the start menu–> open QuickBooks Database Server Manager. This DSM will scan all the files. Also, it will restore your connection. These are the two methods that can help you setup the Database Server Manager:
1. Using the Full Program: Here, the user needs to install a complete version of QuickBooks. It includes both DSM and the QuickBooks desktop software.
2. Using the server option: Here, you are needed to install the DSM only on the server system.
With this blog, we tried to answer all queries related to the error. Moreover, we listed all the causes that might lead to this error. Hence, you will be better prepared to deal with them. You can also check out our other pages to resolve other QuickBooks errors.
The solutions provided above should fix the QuickBooks Error code H303, however, if you experience any interruptions using any of those solutions, or if the error does not resolve, reach out to us on our eBetterBooks Support number 1-802-778-9005 for immediate support.