Understand How to resolve QuickBooks Error PS077.
Users experience Error PS077 when they are trying to update Payroll in QB Desktop. A corrupted tax table might also be the reason why users face this error. With this blog, we will discuss in detail the causes and reasons for this error.
QuickBooks is quite famous in the accounting and bookkeeping world. It is a complete business suite that facilitates accounting, bookkeeping, reconciliations, account tracking, tax filing, and other such necessary business-related activities. However, it also has its shares of bugs and issues, also known as QuickBooks Errors.
What Is QuickBooks Payroll PS077?
Whenever QuickBooks users try to download/ install the payroll updates, they might face QuickBooks error code PS077. QB Payroll requires a constant update of the latest tax tables. However, if this process hinders, then users will not be able to work smoothly. Here is the error message they face on the screen when they face this issue:
“QuickBooks is having trouble installation payroll tax table updates.
What Are The Symptoms Of Error Code PS077?
- The error will stop users from downloading payroll updates.
- The system might freeze frequently.
- This error will pop up on the screen and crash down the window.
- The process of updating the tax table will fail or interrupt on its own.
Why Does QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 Occur?
- The user has filled in the wrong billing information. Also, the information could be outdated.
- You may not be a registered user of QuickBooks. Also, the payroll subscription may have expired.
- The company file is either damaged or corrupted.
- The QuickBooks Payroll may have some damaged components or tax table files.
Crucial Points to Remember
- Users must ensure that only one QuickBooks application is installed in the system.
- The user must ensure that they have the backup of their company file.
- Most importantly, make sure that the QuickBooks payroll subscription is active.
- Keep the application updated with the latest releases.
- Verify the billing information entered in the payroll account.
How To Fix QuickBooks Payroll PS077: The Solutions
There are multiple reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS077. Therefore, there are many ways to resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Download The Latest Tax Table And QuickBooks
This method is applicable when the user has only one version of QuickBooks software and the tax table is damaged/ corrupted. Also, try this method on other errors with prefix ps.
Remove the existing and further updates from the system.
- After that, go to the help menu–> update QuickBooks –> Reset Update.
- After that, download the latest payroll tax table.
- Users have to go to the file menu–> Utilities –> Verify Data.
- When the system configuration utility dialog box opens, click the Selective startup checkbox and perform a clean install.
Finally, the user has to update the tax table. Also, verify if QuickBooks Error PS077 is resolved or not.
You May Also Face: QuickBooks Error 6177 0 – (Cannot Use The Path)
Solution 2: Turning Off The UAC
User Account Control (UAC) is an indicator of the security of a system. Therefore, by working on UAC, we can resolve the error.
- Firstly, go to Windows +R –> Run –> Control Panel.
- When you open the control panel, go to User Accounts –> Change User Account Control settings.
- Click Yes. After that, the user must move the slider to Never Notify, this will turn off the PC.
- Restart the system and update QuickBooks Payroll
Hopefully, it will resolve QuickBooks Error PS077.
Solution 3: Renaming The CPS Folder
- Initially, the user must go to search –> type file explorer –> This PC.
- After that, go to Local Disk C–> Program Files (x86)–> Intuit Folder.
- If you cannot open Program Files (x86), open the program files folder.
- Open the QB desktop folder of your version.
- After that, go to Components–> Payroll Folder.
- At last, right-click the CPS folder to rename it as CPSOLD.
- Finally, generate a new CPS folder by opening QB Desktop.
Lastly, download the latest payroll tax table update and check if the QuickBooks Error PS077 is occurring or not.
Solution 4: Installing And Re-Registering The Latest QB Desktop Updates
- Initially, go to QB Desktop–> Product Information (by pressing F2).
- Verify that the QuickBooks License Number is mentioned and activated.
- If the number is inactive, register the app with a license key.
- After that, go to help –> Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Thereafter, click the update now –> Get Updates.
- At last, restart the application and click YES when the Install Updates window comes up.
Finally, run the payroll to check if QuickBooks Error PS077 persist or not.
Solution 5: Running Software Repair
There are times when the company file is corrupted or damaged. Therefore, we will run QuickBooks Desktop Software Repair
The user might deal with the error when they have damaged QuickBooks company files or the software. Here, we recommend repairing the QuickBooks accounting software. Go for software installation repair when you open windows control panel.