Learn the best ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error -6000, -301.
The QuickBooks error 6000, 301 is an issue related to the accessibility of the company file (qbw). Hence, we will learn everything about the error. Also, we will share different troubleshooting methods to fix the error.
QuickBooks is accounting software. It can perform several bookkeeping and accounting functions at a fraction of the cost. Due to its easy-to-use interface, thousands of businesspersons are using the application every day. However, it also faces lots of bugs, also known as QuickBooks errors.
What Is QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
- 1.1 What Causes QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
- 1.2 Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
- 1.3 How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 301?
What Is QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
QuickBooks error 6000, 301 is an issue that usually occurs when the user is trying to access the company file. The following error message pops up on the screen:
Warning: An error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -301).
There are chances that the disc space is not sufficient for the process. However, we have listed all possible causes that may lead to QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -301.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
Several reasons contribute to the occurrence of QuickBooks company file error code 6000, 301
● Some important QuickBooks files are damaged. For instance:
1. Network Descriptor file (.ND)
2. Transaction Log file (.TLG)
3. Data Source Name file (DSN)
● Your company file is either damaged or removed by another program.
● The system has encryption software installed. Also, the antivirus might block the activities of Quickbooks by making company files inaccessible.
● The database name file is corrupt or damaged.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
Here is the list of all the probable symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 31.
- When you can’t access the damaged company file
- Due to sluggish performance of the system.
- You might be experiencing error while downloading QuickBooks desktop support files.
- Issues associated with excess data usage and time management.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 301?
As we know that there are many reasons behind QuickBooks error code 6000, 301. One solution cannot repair the error. Hence, we have mentioned the most effective methods below.
Solution 1: Update The QuickBooks
One must update applications in their system. It helps fix some of the existing bugs. Here also, we suggest updating QuickBooks to resolve the issue.
● Firstly, go to the file menu--> log off/ close company.
● After that, click file tab--> exit.
●Right-click the QB Desktop icon--> Run as an Administrator (to ensure that you are not working under the no company open option).
● After that, go to help--> update QuickBooks-->options--> mark all tab--> save.
● Finally, click the update now option. Also, click the reset update option and go to the get updates button.
Lastly, when the process completes, close the desktop app. Reopen the QuickBooks desktop. Click Yes and restart the system. Hopefully, with the latest version, the Error Code -6000, -301 will resolve.
Solution 2: Rename QuickBooks Related Files
Files with certain extensions are related to QuickBooks. For instance, TLG, ND, DSU are some of them. By renaming them, we will try to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 301.
● Open the folder with the company file.
● After that, look for QuickBooks files with extensions such as TLG, ND, and DSU.
●Right-click on these files and rename them. Add OLD and rename these files.
This action will rebuild new data files and keep them away from the default database. Surely, it will fix the error.
Solution 3: Using The QuickBooks File Doctor
Tool hub is an effective software released by Intuit to repair many QuickBooks errors. It has a diagnostic tool, file doctor tool, and all other functions to repair multiple errors. It also works against QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -301.
● Firstly, download (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and install QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit.
● If you already have Tool Hub in your system, then go to its home tab to check its version. The user must have the latest version of Tool Hub.
● After that, go to the desktop icon of Tool Hub, and open the application.
● Once you open the tool hub, go to company file issues--> Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
Once the process completes, restart the system and check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Disable Your Encryption Software
QuickBooks doesn't support encryption of the company file with any third-party software. For instance, Ax Crypt, Folder Lock, and other such encryption software.
Ensure that they are not encrypting the folder that has the company file. This way, you can resolve the error.
Solution 5: Reboot The System
Sometimes, simple techniques can fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301. Restarting the system is one of them.
● Firstly, go to the left side of your screen to restart the system.
● After that, restart the system and access the saved company file.
If you still experience issues, try the above-mentioned methods again.
The steps mentioned above will help you solve QuickBooks error 6000, 301. In case you cannot fix QuickBooks Error 6000 301 or if you are unable to understand the issue, reach out to us on our Accounting Error Support contact number 860-497-7164 for immediate support.