Quick ways to fix QuickBooks Error 1712
- 1.1 What is Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks
- 1.2 The Symptoms of QB Error 1712
- 1.3 What are the causes of Quickbooks installation error 1712?
- 1.4 Quick Fix for QuickBooks Error Code 1712: Use Task Manager
- 1.5 How to fix QuickBooks Error 1712: Solutions
Quick ways to fix QuickBooks Error 1712
QuickBooks Error Code 1712 is an installation-related error. QuickBooks users face it while installing the application in their primary/ host/ server computer. Let us discuss everything you need to know about this QB Error.
QuickBooks is a widely used accounting and bookkeeping software around the world. It has managed to simplify the daunting task of accounting. Many small businesses have integrated this software with their regular bookkeeping practices. But due to its complexity, it also has its share of issues, also known as QuickBooks Errors.
What is Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks
Individuals see error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for desktop. When it pops up, the user will see this error message:
We're sorry something went wrong with your installation!
Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
This error occurs when the operating system or installation file is damaged while installing the QuickBooks Desktop.
The Symptoms of QB Error 1712
- The screen will freeze periodically.
- HTTP error will occur.
- The user will experience difficulty while shutting down the system.
- There will be an input/output error.
- A blue screen will appear.
What are the causes of Quickbooks installation error 1712?
To solve QuickBooks Error 1712, first, understand the underlying cause behind it. It will help the user deal with the error in a better way.
- The system might be under a malware attack.
- Installing QuickBooks without uninstalling the previous version.
- When there is a corrupted registry.
- When files in the QuickBooks desktop folder are misplaced/ deleted/ damaged.
Quick Fix for QuickBooks Error Code 1712: Use Task Manager
This quick method works with QuickBooks and other applications installed in your system. Whenever you are facing QuickBooks Error 1712 in the accounting software, try this method.
- Press Ctrl+Delete keys.
- Choose processes tab.
- Select End Process.
- At last, reboot the system and try opening QuickBooks again.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 1712: Solutions
If the above mentioned quick fix doesn't work, try these methods mentioned below:
Method 1: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly go to programs and uninstall the QB desktop.
- Go to the official website of Intuit to download and install the software.
- Click the product version of choice and download the file.
- After that, install the file by double-clicking the file.
- After finishing the installation, open the application again.
- Check if it still shows the error.
Method 2: Using Quickfix my program from QB tool hub
- Firstly, close the software, and download the QuickBooks tool hub file.
- Run the QuickBooksToolhub.exe file, and work as per the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- It will create an icon of the tool hub on the desktop.
- Open it and go to the Program Problems tab.
- Here you will see the Quick Fix My Program option.
- Click it and complete the process. When the process is over, reboot the PC and check whether the error is resolved by opening the application again.
Method 3: Using QuickBooks diagnostic tool from QB tool hub
- In the previous method, we learned how to install the QB tool hub.
- Open the installed QuickBooks Tool hub, and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- There, the user will see the option of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Click the button, download the tool, and install it into the system.
- Close all the applications that are running in the background, and run the diagnostic tool.
- Look for this option: I am having problems installing QuickBooks. Click OK on it, and end the process by rebooting QuickBooks.
Method 4: Looking in the Registry
- Go to start--> search--> Type regedit.exe, and press enter key.
- After that, enter this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USERoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
- Then, double click on the Entry App Data option, and replace the original value with the local profile path.
- Finally, restart the computer and open QuickBooks desktop again to check if the error is resolved or not.
With this blog, we tried to resolve all the doubts to resolve the error. We also discussed symptoms and causes of this error apart from ways to fix the error. Hope it helps the user.
If you have followed the above steps correctly and the quickbooks install error 1712 is not resolved, you can contact our experts at +1-860-215-2261 for technical assistance.