How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error Code 1328?
Learn the best ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks Update Error 1328.
The QuickBooks Error 1328 is a temp file related error. Since it also relates to configuration issues in a system, the user needs to resolve the bug as soon as possible. This may cause an issue when the user is trying to update the application. Hence, we will learn how to deal with QuickBooks update error 1328 through multiple ways.
Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is a widely used bookkeeping and accounting software. It has helped many non-accounting users to understand and execute bookkeeping tasks if they are looking for online bookkeeping services. Also, users get accurate balance sheets, tax statements, bank reconciliations and other major reports. To put it simply, it provides many accounting solutions in an affordable and user-friendly manner.
However, it has its share of drawbacks as well. Users who run QuickBooks are always dealing with QuickBooks Errors. These bugs are frustrating and reduce the work efficiency of the user. Today, we are dealing with one such issue: QuickBooks update error 1328.
What Is QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
The files with extension TMP can cause QuickBooks Error 1328. It is usually an update-related error, and the TMP files are located in the config.msi folder.
Error: QuickBooks Error 1328. Error updating file C:Config.MsiPT19C6.tmp. System error- 1072807676
Error Massage: Error updating file C:Config.MsiPT62C7.tmp. System error-1072807676
Error Massage: Error 1328. Error updating file C:Config.MsiPTXXX.tmp. System error – 1072807676.
The user may also face this error while repairing, installing, or uninstalling the QuickBooks Desktop application. Hence, this error will prevent the user from working on any company file. Users will receive the following error on the screen:
Why Does QuickBooks Error 1328 Code Occur?
QuickBooks error 1328 is caused by problems during the installation or update process of the software. This is usually related to problems with the installation files or update files of the QuickBooks software.
This error can be triggered by various factors, including:
- File Corruption: If the installation or update files of QuickBooks become corrupted or damaged, it can lead to Error 1328.
- Incomplete Installation/Update: If the installation or update process is interrupted or not completed successfully, it can result in this error.
- Virus or Malware: Malicious software can interfere with the installation/update process, leading to errors like 1328.
- Conflicting Software: Sometimes, other software running on your computer can conflict with QuickBooks during installation or updates.
- Windows Registry Issues: Problems with the Windows registry can also contribute to QuickBooks errors, including Error 1328.
- Network Issues: If you’re installing or updating QuickBooks over a network and there are connectivity problems, it can lead to errors.
- Faulty Hardware: Issues with your computer’s hardware, such as the hard drive, RAM, or other components, can impact the installation process.
What Are the Symptoms of QuickBooks update error 1328?
Below we have discussed some ways to figure out if your system is facing the issue of QuickBooks Error 1328 or not:
- The QB update will abruptly stop in the middle of the process.
- The installed QuickBooks software window will crash often, leading to QuickBooks Update Error 1328
- The uninstallation and installation process gets interrupted and the error message pops on the screen.
- Users will not be able to complete the repair process in the accounting software.
- The QuickBooks will respond slowly.
You may also read: How to Transfer QuickBooks From Old Computer to a New Computer?
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error 1328 (C:config.msiPT* File Problem)?
Since QuickBooks Update Error Code 1328 can occur due to multiple reasons, there are various solutions available to resolve it.
Solution 1: Update The Windows OS
Some Microsoft components are integral for the functioning of QuickBooks. These components include MSXML, Microsoft.net, and C++.
Hence, one must ensure that these components are present and up-to-date in your system. We will learn how to update these components:
- Firstly, the user has to go to start menu. After that, they have to type updates in their search bar.
- When they press Enter, update icon will appear on the list. Click this icon and press the button to check for updates.
Finally, the users need to restart the system and check if the bug persists or not.
Solution 2: Repair QuickBooks Installation with QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QB Install Diagnostic Tool is not readily available. The user has to use the tool, the user has to first download and install the QB Tool hub. This way, they can resolve the error 1328.
- Firstly, exit QuickBooks and download the latest version of QB Tool hub from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks.
- Then, install the EXE file by following on-screen instructions. After that, an icon of QB Tool Hub appears on the desktop.
- Open this icon, and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. The process completion might take ~20 minutes.
After this, restart the system and go to the QuickBooks desktop to check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Resolving Error With config.msi File
- Firstly, the user has to go to start–> Explore–>This PC.
- The user has to open the C Drive, and look for the view option from the top bar. User has to click the show hidden files option.
- Look for the config.msi folder/ file, and rename it by adding .old extension.
- Hide the protected files and go to the application again to check whether the error reappears or not.
Solution 4: QuickBooks Install Repair Option
- Go to start–> search bar –> type control panel –> Press Enter.
- After that, the user may select Programs & Features.
- Then, locate and click the QuickBooks Product Heading tab. After that, the user needs to uninstall it by changing any button.
- After that, proceed with the repair tab. Once the repair process is complete, update the software again.
It will resolve the QuickBooks update error 1328 applying patch to file. If the error persists, try other methods to resolve the issue.
Solution 5: QuickBooks Clean Installation
- Firstly, the user has to uninstall existing QuickBooks software. Now, for reinstallation, the user has two options: CD installation, and Installation through the downloadable file.
- If the user has a CD driver with their system, they can install the product again using the QuickBooks Product CD.
- Otherwise, they can keep ready the product key and download it from the official site of Intuit.
Hopefully, a clean installation will remove the Error 1328, that occurs during the update or installation of the software program. Get Experts Help For Quick Solutions
Solution 6: Registry Repair Tool
- Go to the registry repair tool, and repair the damaged registry entries related to QB software.
- With the help of an antivirus, remove all malware from the system. Also, remove junk files from the system.
- The user also has to uninstall all obsolete PC drivers.
- When the cleaning process is done, run the windows system file check option.
Finally, install all necessary windows updates and check for the QuickBooks Error Code 1328 again.
Solution 7: Use System File Checker
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Then, in the search box, type “cmd“.
- Right-click on the “Command Prompt” icon and choose “Run as administrator“.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter the command “SFC /scannow” and press Enter.
- The system file checker will check for any problems with system files and automatically fix them.
- Once the process is complete, close all open windows and launch QuickBooks Application again.
Solution 8: Miscellaneous Solutions
Use a registry repair tool to fix error code 1328 in QuickBooks desktop:
- Scan for viruses and malware to keep your system safe.
- Delete junk files and temporary folders to free up space.
- Get rid of old PC drivers that aren’t needed anymore.
- Undo recent changes that might be causing issues.
- Make sure you have all the important Windows Updates installed.
FAQs: Fix error 1328 in QuickBooks
How do I fix error 1328 in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks may be reinstalled, or common desktop installation issues can be fixed using the QB Install tool.
What does QuickBooks error code 1328 indicate?
QuickBooks error code 1328 is a frequently encountered issue that occur during the software updates or installations. The error message displays on the screen, showing details and options to choose from. The file reference for the error has a same path as C:config.msi but appears differently.
How to fix QuickBooks error 1328 config msi?
Method 1: Rename the filename of the ‘Config.msi’ File
Method 2: Take the assistance of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Method 3: Update the Windows
Method 4: Go for Repairing the QuickBooks Desktop software
Method 5: Use the System File Checker
Method 6: Opt for reinstalling QuickBooks (clean installation)