How To Fix QuickBooks Script Error While Accessing QB Desktop?
Intuit’s QuickBooks is one of the demanding accounting software that has been designed for keeping track of income and expenses. Many small to mid-sized businesses use QuickBooks for handling their business finances. Although, you may come across different error codes while accessing it. QuickBooks Script Error is one of them that takes place while trying to access a web page from the QuickBooks program.
Script Errors will not allow you to use other applications that need internet access. Let’s discuss the error in detail.
What is a QuickBooks Script Error Message?
Script error in QuickBooks may appear on the screen while launching a web page from QuickBooks. This error message indicates that ‘An error has occurred in the script of this page.’ Or, you may get the error status as ‘Internet Explorer Error’. Due to this, your PC starts running slowly or might become unresponsive. But you don’t need to worry as we are here to resolve this issue on your behalf.
You should keep in mind that the QuickBooks script error will never damage your company files.
In case, you are also going through a QuickBooks script error, check out the following post.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Causes behind the Occurrence of Script Error in QuickBooks
The following is a list of all the probable causes of QuickBooks script errors.
- When you have not configured the browser to QuickBooks, then ‘script error in QuickBooks’ may take place.
- While making the page request, the Internet Explorer is opened. This may also lead to QuickBooks script errors.
- If QuickBooks is not synced with Internet Explorer, this might also encounter the issues.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Desktop Script Error
Underneath are some indications of QuickBooks Desktop enterprise error.
- You may face script errors while loading QuickBooks Online.
- Due to the slow performance of the Internet to the keyboard and mouse inputs.
- The Script error might display at the time of logging into QuickBooks Online Internet Explorer.
- At the time of entering bank feeds from the online bank website.
After looking at the causes, you need to move on to the solutions to fix the script error.
Latest Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Script Error Code 0
QB Script Error Message can be resolved by applying one of the below-listed solutions. For further assistance, feel free to talk to our experts.
Solution 1: Modify the Default Browser Settings
- Firstly, choose the Internet Options from Internet Explorer.
- After that, select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Reset to default option.
- Finally, select Apply > OK and check whether the script error in QuickBooks is fixed.
Solution 2: Disable Add-ons on Internet Explorer
- Initially, choose the Tools option.
- After that, go to the Internet Options.
- Tap on Programs to proceed further.
- Select Manage add-ons in the new tab.
- Lastly, disable add-ons and tap OK to confirm.
Solution 3: Remove the Default Browser’s Cache Data
- Firstly, choose Tools in your Internet Explorer.
- Secondly, select Internet Options and then tap on the General tab.
- Next, you need to tap on Delete under the Browser History locate.
- Before confirming the selections, make sure you have selected all options that you need to delete.
- Choose OK.
- Finally, check whether QuickBooks Script Error is appearing or not.
Solution 4: Add the Web Source from Restrictions
If you are facing script errors frequently on the screen, you need to try to open a web source as a trusted site. Here are the steps to do so:
- The first step is to launch the Internet Explorer browser.
- And then choose Tools > Internet Options.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Finally, add .Intuit.com (As a Trusted Site).
Solution 5: Reactivating Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10
- Press and hold Windows + R and write Control Panel in the search box.
- After that, choose Enter and select Add/Remove Program option.
- Now, you need to select the Turn Windows Features on or off option and delete the checkmark next to the Internet Explorer 11 option.
- Reboot the Windows.
- Enable the Internet Explorer 11 again and restart the Windows PC.
- Finally, perform the aforementioned steps again to fix the script error QuickBooks.
Solution 6: Unmark SSL Certifications in Internet Explorer
- Firstly, choose the Gear icon of an Internet Explorer.
- After that, go to the Internet Options.
- Select the option that indicates Clear SSL.
- Lastly, choose OK to save the changes.
Solution 7: Disable the Script Error Notification
- Initially, launch the Internet Explorer.
- After that, choose the Tool option and go to Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab and remove the check-box that shows the ‘Display a notification about script error’ option.
- Finally, choose OK.
Solution 8: Locate the URL to the Restricted Websites
- Firstly, launch QuickBooks.
- Choose the Help option from the Internet Connection Setup.
- After that, click Next and choose the Advanced Connection Settings.
- Meanwhile, go to the Security option on the Restricted sites tab.
- Next, you need to copy the URL and paste it.
- Choose the Add option and then click the close option.
- Finally, press Ok to save the changes.
Alternate Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Script Error
Sometimes, you may face script errors under three conditions. We have described all of these conditions along with their solutions.
Condition 1: When the Error Appears While Exporting
- The first step is to choose ‘Tools’ present in the right corner of your IE browser.
- After that, select the ‘Safety & Security’ option and tap on ‘Delete history’.
- Click the ‘Cookies’ and ‘website data’ checkboxes.
- And then choose the Delete option. This may take a few seconds.
- Lastly, close the Internet Explorer browser and launch it again.
Condition 2: When the error appears while importing
- Firstly, choose Internet Explorer.
- After that, select the Tools menu and click Internet Options.
- Next, press the Alt key when you can’t open the table menu.
- Choose the Advanced tab.
- Remove the display of notification of each script error box.
- Finally, choose OK.
Also Read: Fixing QuickBooks Error Code C = 1327
Condition 3: When the Error Occurs While Launching Desktop
- The first step is to choose Internet Explorer.
- Select the Command bar and then tap on Tools.
- After that, select Internet Options and choose the Security tab.
- Next, you have to add .intuit.com as your trusted website by following these steps.
- Open the Trusted Sites windows and unmark Require server verification.
- In the Zone field, type Intuit.com in Add this Website.
- Delete all other websites.
- Shut down the Trusted Sites window.
- Here, you need to unmark the Enable Protected Mode option.
- Finally, close Internet Explorer.
One of the above-discussed solutions will surely help you in fixing Script errors in QuickBooks. If you are new to handling such technical errors, it is suggested to take the assistance of QB experts. We, at ebetterbooks, may also help you in such a situation. You just need to ring us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-802-778-9005