Upgrade Your QuickBooks Version to QuickBooks Desktop 2024 (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise)
Benefits of Upgrading to QuickBooks Desktop 2024
QuickBooks Desktop 2024 allows users to automate regular tasks, track customer prepayments, enhance security, and much more with its new features. In this section, know the benefits of upgrading to QuickBooks Desktop 2024:
- User can effectively manage their cash flow and finances with the QuickBooks 2024.
- In QuickBooks 2024, A user can record the transaction through Google Chrome browser.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2024 enables easy collaboration with team members and allows sharing of data and documents with other team members.
- Users may experience faster load time and processing speed in QuickBooks Desktop 2024, which will save time and boost productivity.
- The software can run on Windows 10, because of which users can keep track of their finances with QuickBooks Desktop 2023 and the latest version of Windows software.
QuickBooks 2024 System Requirement for Upgrade
QuickBooks 2024 has optimized system requirements which ensure smooth performance. The enhanced performance guarantees better handling of financial tasks and provides smooth user experience.
|QuickBooks 2024 – System Requirements for Upgrade|
|Operating System||Windows 10 update/version supported by Microsoft Windows 8.1 (the updated version is preferred; do not use the version which is not supported by Microsoft.Windows Server 2012 (or R2), 2016 or 2019The following Operating systems are Not-Supported:Windows 8.1, Windows 10 S mode, Windows 11 IOT, and Linux is not supported.|
|Processor||2.4 GHz processor|
|RAM Requirements||Minimum 4 GB of RAM, 8 GB recommended|
|Storage Space||It is recommended to have 2.5 GB disk space for software files Additional space is required for user data files|
|DVD Drive||4x DVD-ROM drive|
|Internet Connection||Payroll and online features require Internet access (1 Mbps recommended speed)|
|Product Licensing and Credentials||Product registration is needed|
|Screen Resolution for Optimizes Performance||1280×1024 screen resolution or higher Optimized for Default DPI settings|
|Monitor Requirements||Supports one workstation monitor plus up to 2 extended monitors|
(In case of QuickBooks Accountant)
|Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, or Windows Server 2022 (Regular or Small Business Server)|
|Browser Recommendation||Google Chrome|
Current release numbers for each version of QuickBooks Desktop
To check the latest available updates for your every QuickBooks version, perform the following steps:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop in the first place.
- Hold and press F2 (or Ctrl+1) to open the Product Information window.
- Then, go through your current version and release, which includes:
- QuickBooks 2024 R1
- QuickBooks 2023 R7_25
- QuickBooks 2022 R9_74
- QuickBooks 2021 R13_19
Easy Ways to Update QuickBooks Desktop 2024
Users can update QuickBooks Desktop software either using automatic or manual methods as per the requirements.
Turn on Automatic updates to download and install all the latest updates as soon as they are available.
Here’s a list of options for upgrading software to the most recent release.
- Automatic update method (default setting)
- On-demand (immediate) update method
- Release download
- Manual QuickBooks update
Prerequisites – Steps before Upgrading to QuickBooks 2024
Before moving forward, make sure you have done all the actions listed below:
- Check the system requirements.
- Create a company file backup.
- Try converting your company file to the updated format.
- Verify and rebuild your data to check the integrity of your company file.
- Disable antivirus and firewall security software temporarily.
- Keep your software updated at regular intervals.
Automatic update method (Default Settings)
In QuickBooks, the updates by default are downloaded and installed automatically.
However, the users can disable the automatic updates if they don’t want to choose the automatic update option, which is not recommended.
For updating Quickbooks through automatic update feature, below steps are useful:
- Open your Existing Version of QuickBooks
- Then navigate to the Help menu.
- Now, select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once done, click on the Update Now tab and then choose the Get Updates option.
- At last, close and restart the QuickBooks application to complete the upgrade process.
On-demand (immediate) update method
This on-demand method enables you to download the latest updates from the official Intuit website. It’s not required to keep your software accessible while downloading the updates.
You can use this method at any time to get the updates immediately even.
Note: if the Automatic Update feature is turned on. It’s recommended to check for updates at least once in a month.
Below we’ve discussed how to check for updates if any available and install them:
- To begin with, open QuickBooks and hover over the Help menu.
- Now, select the Update QuickBooks option.
- Press the Update Now tab.
- After this, choose the updates you want to download and click Get Updates. You can also find more about what updates are added in the Updates column.
- Hit the Maintenance Releases link and a new page will show up the changes/improvements in the update.
- Close and restart QuickBooks software and if you are prompted to install the update now or later, click Install Now (or Yes) to install the updates.
- Restart your system once the installation is successfully completed.
Upgrade to QuickBooks 2024 – Manual Upgrade Method
For manually upgrading to QuickBooks 2024, carry out the following steps:
- The initial step is to close your company files and QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the Windows Start menu and look for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then hit right-click on the icon and choose Run as administrator.
- On the No Company Open window, hover over the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- After this, hit Options and choose Mark All, then press Save.
- Go to the Update Now tab and then select the Reset Update checkbox.
- Once you’re ready, click Get Updates.
Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop 2024
Note: Make sure you’re system comply with the latest release of the QuickBooks
Step 1: Collect Your QuickBooks Valid License or Active Subscription details.
If you haven’t Active Subscription or Valid License; Make sure to follow below info;
Create or Log in to your Account
Using QuickBooks for a long time, it’s very simple to log in with your credentials. However, if not, create a new user account by following the below-listed steps:
- Navigate to the Intuit accounts page.
- Choose the Create an Account link.
- Now, input your email address and phone number. Note: If you notice a “This user ID is already taken” message, you may already have an account. In this case, click the ” I forgot my User ID or Password” link and then type your email address.
- Create a unique password.
- Once done, select Create account.
Download QuickBooks Desktop 2024
When QuickBooks Desktop 2024 purchase is complete, and you have logged in to your Intuit account, adhere to the steps as follows:
- Go to the Products & Services Page from your Intuit account dashboard, or click here.
- Now, choose Yes, No or Not sure accordingly if you want to use QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode.
- After this, select your country.
- Select the edition (Pro, premier, or enterprise) as per your requirements.
- Look for the latest QB release in the list of products and click on it.
- After this, you will be directed to the download page for QuickBooks Desktop 2024.
- Press Download from here to start the download process.
Activate QuickBooks Desktop 2024
Below are the steps to activate QuickBooks Desktop 2024 after the installation:
- Select “Help” from the QuickBooks toolbar at the top.
- Choose “Activate QuickBooks” from the drop-down menu displayed on your screen.
- Fill in the required information accurately when a window pops up and asks you to enter your valid license and product key number.
- After this, select the one installation method between a quick or a manual installation as per your preferences.
- Carefully, read and agree to all the terms and conditions mentioned in the licensing agreement. Then, press Next or Accept to proceed.
- Finally, click “Activate” to finish the activation procedure. Now, QuickBooks is ready to check your product and licensing details.
I have QuickBooks 2023, can I upgrade directly to QuickBooks 2024?
Yes, without acquiring any in-between versions, you can upgrade straight from QuickBooks 2023 to QuickBooks 2024. Just make sure you have the appropriate installation files for the QuickBooks 2024 version update.
For upgrading to QuickBooks 2024, do I need to repurchase it?
No, you don’t need to buy QuickBooks 2024 all over again if you currently have a working license for QuickBooks 2023. Just get the correct QuickBooks 2024 installation files and activate it with your current license and product details.
Can you update QuickBooks without a subscription?
Yes, in case the user has purchased QuickBooks as a one-time purchase. You can update it using the Upgrade QuickBooks option from the Help tab. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Navigate to the Help menu and choose the “Upgrade QuickBooks” option.
Step 2: Select the version you want to upgrade to (in this case, the 2024 version) and click the “Upgrade Now” button.
QuickBooks will automatically download, install, and activate the new version for you and will also update your company files. You can also have the option to keep your current QuickBooks version and update QuickBooks. Just choose the “Keep old version on my computer” option, then click “Let’s go.”
Do you have to update QuickBooks every year?
No, you don’t necessarily have to upgrade QuickBooks every year. However, the system with QuickBooks on it may experience performance problems if you don’t upgrade for a long time.
To avoid any inconvenience and disruptions with the accounting process, it’s recommended to update QuickBooks regularly.
How many companies can I have in QuickBooks Desktop 2023?
Yes, you may set up and administer several companies under a single software installation using QuickBooks Desktop 2023.
Is QuickBooks Desktop a one-time purchase?
QuickBooks one-time purchase is no longer available. You will require a monthly subscription from Intuit or any other 3rd party official seller directly.
Can I revert to QuickBooks 2023 after upgrading to QuickBooks 2024?
After upgrading to QuickBooks 2024 and successfully restoring your data, it’s not possible to directly revert to QuickBooks 2023. However, there is an alternative method you can use if you have previously created a backup file of your QuickBooks 2023 data you want to restore.
If you have a backup of your QuickBooks 2023 data, you can follow these steps to return to the earlier version:
Step 1: Uninstall the QuickBooks 2024 with the help of the control panel or settings.
Step 2: Obtain the QB 2023 installation files and install QuickBooks 2023.
Step 3: Restore data from the backup after the installation of QuickBooks 2023 is complete. Launch the software and proceed to restore your data from the backup you previously created.
After restoring the data, verify that everything is functioning as expected. You might need to update your company files to match the software version if any compatibility issues arise.
How to download QuickBooks 2024 for free?
QuickBooks software can’t be utilized for free, but the users do have an option to avail of a free 30-day trial period. To utilize this offer, you have to be a brand-new QuickBooks customer and sign up for the monthly plan with the “Free 30-Day Trial” option.
Note: You can’t use this offer in combination with any other QuickBooks deals.
Under the free 30-day trial period for the first 30 days of using QuickBooks, it won’t cost you anything. After that, you’ll start getting charged each month. The amount you’re charged depends on which QuickBooks services you’ve chosen. If you change your services, your charges will change, too.