Learn the following solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error.
QuickBooks is one of the leading accounting software that comes up with advanced features and functionalities. Nevertheless, QB users might experience error codes and bugs that keep appearing and can irritate users while using the software. Numerous factors might be leading to these error codes.
Today, we will be discussing QuickBooks Unrecoverable error that has been reported by various users. This article includes all the required information regarding the same error.
Although, you have also an option to get connected with our QB experts to get immediate technical assistance to fix QuickBooks unrecoverable issue.
Defining – QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
- 1.1 Conditions in which QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Appear
- 1.2 Reasons Behind the Unrecoverable Errors in QuickBooks
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
- 1.3.1 Method 1: Access Reboot. Bat File
- 1.3.2 Method 2: Do Some Changes while Saving the Form
- 1.3.3 Method 3: Launch a Sample Company File
- 1.3.4 Method 4: Suppressing the QuickBooks Software
- 1.3.5 Method 5: Prevent QuickBooks from Launching All Windows
- 1.3.6 Method 6: Save the Company File to the Desktop
- 1.3.7 Method 7: Create a New Windows Admin
- 1.4 When you face QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error while performing bank reconciliation
Defining – QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Generally, you may face QuickBooks unrecoverable error while launching the company file or when you are failed to launch the software. This error includes 50 unique numeric error codes 10 digits that includes 5 digits space 5-digits” sequence.
A QuickBooks unrecoverable error implies that QuickBooks has faced a critical application fault. You might experience an unrecoverable error while launching the company file or while saving, printing, or choosing the shipping icon. A ‘critical application fault’ message will appear on the PC’s screen.
Conditions in which QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Appear
The following is a list of all the possible causes that might be leading to the unrecoverable error
- When you are trying to launch a QuickBooks window, an unrecoverable error may pop up.
- While using the company feature, you may face the same error.
- The unrecoverable error arises at the time of closing any window in a company file.
- At the time of creating a backup or company file.
- Due to data damage in the company file, you may face an unrecoverable error.
- The same error may also appear while importing accounting changes.
- During checking older reconciliation reports, you may face an error.
Reasons Behind the Unrecoverable Errors in QuickBooks
- Due to damaged or corrupted QuickBooks components, you may face an unrecoverable error.
- If the system is responding slowly, you may face the same issue.
- Power outages may also cause the same issue.
- While logging in to the QB Company file, you may face network issues.
- Because of missing Windows or QB updates.
- When you are facing issues in Integrity with the Company file.
- A damaged company file data might also lead to the same issue.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Below, we have given all the possible and effective solutions to resolve an unrecoverable error. If for any cause, you are unable to fix the issue on your own, hire an expert from our team. We will help you in resolving the same.
Method 1: Access Reboot. Bat File
- The first step is to look for the reboot.bat file by following the path mentioned below.
C:\Program Files(x86) \Intuit\QuickBooks xxx Ver 00.0
- After that, right-click on the Reboot.bat file and open the file using admin credentials.
- Launch the program to check whether the error has been resolved or not,
- Finally, reboot the system.
Method 2: Do Some Changes while Saving the Form
- Firstly, choose either the close or save tab.
- After that, don’t leave the cursor on a blank line of the sales form.
- Now, choose the print option before saving the transaction.
- Finally, choose the file and print forms to print the form.
If you face an unrecoverable error in QuickBooks while printing forms, follow the steps written below.
- Firstly, choose the Preferences tab from the Edit menu.
- Choose the ‘Clear the save transactions’ from the company preferences tab.
- Finally, click Ok to save the changes.
Method 3: Launch a Sample Company File
Opening a sample company file might help you in fixing the company file errors. If you are unable to launch the sample company file, it implies that your company file has been damaged. Here are the steps to launch a sample company file.
- The first step is to choose the Open a Sample File from the No Company Open Window option.
- Choose the sample file from the list.
Perform the following steps to copy the file to another location
- Firstly, launch the company file from a different location.
- After that, right-tap on the desktop to choose the folder option.
- Next, give a title to the folder QBTEST.
- Right-click on the company file to choose the Copy option.
- Paste the file into the QBTEST folder.
- Finally, try to access the company file from the QBTEST folder.
Method 4: Suppressing the QuickBooks Software
Follow these steps to suppress QuickBooks while launching it.
- Initially, press and hold the Ctrl key and double-click on the QuickBooks software.
- After that, press the Ctrl key until the No Company Open Window displays.
Follow these steps to suppress the QB desktop while accessing the company file
- First of all, open the No company open window to select the desired file.
- Now, press the Alt key to select the open icon.
- After that, release the Alt key.
- If you are asked to enter the login details, enter them to continue working.
- Ensure to press the Alt key and then click on the OK tab.
- Finally, don’t release the Alt key until the file opens.
Method 5: Prevent QuickBooks from Launching All Windows
- Initially, press the Alt key and then double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- After that, release the alt key and enter the password.
- Next, choose the OK tab and then press the Alt key.
- Finally, release the Alt key to finish the procedure.
Method 6: Save the Company File to the Desktop
- First of all, launch the folder where you have saved the company file.
- After that, choose the locate option to find the file having. the QBW extension.
- Now, copy and save the file on the desktop.
- Press the CTRL key to launch the application.
- Finally, a ‘No Company Open’ message will pop up on the screen.
Method 7: Create a New Windows Admin
Steps for Windows 10 Users
- The first step is to choose the Start menu and then click on the Settings tab.
- Go to the accounts tab from the family and other users tab.
- Next, click on the Add someone else to this computer icon.
- Click on the I do not have this person’s sign-in info icon.
- After that, you need to add a user without Microsoft Account info.
- Write down the name of your account.
- Create a new password for the new account.
- Choose the recently created account from the Account type tab.
- Finally, choose the administrator tab and choose OK.
Steps for Windows 8.1 Users
- First of all, choose the Run window and press the Windows + R key.
- Go to the control panel and then choose OK.
- After that, click on the user accounts tab.
- Click on the other accounts tab option with adding an account tab.
- Next, you have to sign in without a Microsoft account.
- Enter your credentials and choose the Next option.
- Click on the freshly built account and choose the Edit option.
- Lastly, click on the admin tab and press OK.
Steps for Windows 8 and 7 Users
- Firstly, hold the Windows + R keys to launch the Run window.
- Go to the Control Panel and choose OK.
- Click on the User accounts tab and then select the manage another account tab.
- After that, select the create new account tab.
- Give a new title to the account tab.
- Choose the Administrator tab and then press the create account tab.
When you face QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error while performing bank reconciliation
If you are experiencing an unrecoverable error, try to fix the Adobe reader. Sometimes, you may face the same error code while launching a PDF file due to using an old version of Adobe Reader. Here are the situations in which the same error could take place.
- Make sure that the Adobe Reader 10.0, 9.0, or 8.0 has been installed along with the preference for Display PDF.
- Ensure that the Adobe 11.0 (XI) and later versions are not including the display PDF option and display PDFs outside the browser by default.
Apply the following solutions to fix the same.
Solution 1: Update Adobe reader
- The first step is to choose the Adobe Reader and click on the adobe reader options.
- After that, download the abode reader 11.0 if you can spot the versions like 8.0, 9.0, or 10.0.
- Follow the ongoing instructions to install the abode reader.
- And then reboot the system after upgrading the abode reader to the latest version.
Solution 2: Changing the display PDF in browser preference
- Firstly, you need to choose the Programs/ All Programs option.
- After that, click on the Adobe Reader/Acrobat option.
- Ensure that the Adobe XI (11.0) and later will not show a PDF in the browser by default any longer.
- Meanwhile, select the edit and preferences option.
- Go to the preferences window and select the internet from the categories list.
- Choose the Clear the display PDF in browser preference from the web browser option.
- Lastly, choose the OK tab to complete the process.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks Auto Data recovery
- First of all, you need to launch the folder where you have saved the company file.
- After that, choose the file extensions and launch the Auto Data Recovery folder.
- Now, the two files will display on the screen having extensions (.qbw.ADR) & (.qbw.ADR.old).
- Finally, you need to copy the ADR file to a new folder.
Concluding the Article!
Hopefully, the post has guided me thoroughly to fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error. In case, you are experiencing an error message while resolving the same issue, kindly get in touch with our experts. We may help you in fixing all types of error codes related to QuickBooks.
If you are interested in talking to our experts, call us at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number 1-860-215-2261.