Looking for a way to fix QuickBooks Error 6123? Correct QB Error 6123 in a simple and painless manner.
What is QuickBooks Error 6123, 0?
- 1.1 Reasons Behind QuickbooksError 6123, 0
- 1.2 Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6123: The Solutions
The QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 occurs when users try to update or open a company file in multi-user mode.Some other reasons behind this Error code is database service is not running or a network connection issue Hence, learn more about QuickBooks Error 6123, 0, including causes and fixes to avoid this issue in the future. Users will find dialogue box with this message on the screen:
Error : QuickBooks Error 6123, 0
Error 6123, 0: “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.”
“Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost”
Here, users affected with error -6123, 0 were facing issues while trying to access the company file. Also, when the user is opening the company file from the network server.
QuickBooks application is a widely used accounting software released by Intuit. Also, it helps users with complex business reports; for instance, financial statements, tax invoices, bill generation, etc. However, it also has many bugs, known as QuickBooks errors.
- The user might have an obsolete QuickBooks Desktop version installed in their system.
- Your company file is damaged, triggering the QuickBooks Error 6123, 0.
- When the user is trying to restore their backup file from a cloud-based service.
- The window user isn't running QuickBooks Database Server Manager on Windows.
- When the user is trying to access the company file outside the application. Note that the company file is meant to be accessed only from the application.
- The server computer has a weak network connection.
- Your system firewall settings are blocking access to the company file.
- The company files (QBW) are damaged/ corrupted.
These steps help resolve QuickBooks error 6123 when the user is opening, restoring, or upgrading the company file and TLG files. Also, these methods allow restoring of the backup file.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
This tool works at its best when using 64-bit windows.
- Firstly, the user has to close QuickBooks.
- After that, download (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and install the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub. However, if your system already has the application then open the home tab and check the version information.
- Finally, open the tool hub from its icon on the desktop.
- After that, open program problems--> QuickFix my Program.
When it has completed its function, open QuickBooks again to check if error -6123, 0 is resolved or not. However, if it doesn't give a satisfactory result, try the File Doctor Tool.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub--> Company File Issues--> Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Click the ▼ drop-down and select your company file. Also, you can browse your company file.
- After that, check your file--> continue.
If asked, fill in the admin password and continue with the process. The file doctor will start functioning. When the task completes, select the company file and open QuickBooks. Hopefully, it will resolve the issue.
Firstly, go to QuickBooks Backup File Folder. You will find this folder in the company file folder.
- After that, check the qbb file with a name similar to the name of your company file.
- Copy-paste this backup file to your local storage.
- Now, open the application and restore the newly shifted company file.
If it doesn't help, the Quickbooks Error Code 6123, 0 is arising out of restoring the file to a new system. Hence, follow the rest of the steps to fix the issue.
QuickBooks doesn't allow restoring company files from any other system apart from the device from where the backup file (.qbb) was generated. To avoid QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0, you can instead go for a portable company file (.qbm).
- Firstly, open QuickBooks on your previous device, and click the file menu.
- After that, choose create copy--> Create Portable Company File--> Next--> Enter the name of the company file.
- Choose a location, and save the company file.
- After that, move this qbm file to the new system to restore the backup.
- Follow this path: QuickBooks--> File menu--> Restore a Portable File--> Next.
- Browse the qbm file, open it, and restore the file.
At last, follow the prompts and save the settings before opening the company file again. For sure, it will fix QuickBooks Error 6123, 0.
Sometimes, you might face the error because your company file has one or many special characters in it.
Also, the name has exceeded the minimum limit of characters. Therefore, ensure that:
- Your company file doesn't go beyond 30 characters.
- Also, it shouldn't contain special characters ( For instance: $, *, &) in its file name.
With this blog, we tried to answer all possible doubts related to this QuickBooks error code 6123.. However, we also have dedicated pages for other bugs as well. You can check them out if you find yourself stuck in some of these issues.