Are you troubled with QuickBooks error 15241? Then, the following post is for you.
QuickBooks is the best accounting software when it comes to managing business finances. However, you may face error codes while working on it. Whenever users try to update or download the payroll services, they face this error.
However, they may also experience error code 15241 when the FCS (QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service) is disabled. Therefore, in this blog, we will discuss every detail of this error. Let us get started.
- 1 What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 15241?
- 2 Ways to Establish Preferences in the QuickBooks Desktop?
Why does QuickBooks Error 15241 Occur?
- 3.1 Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 15241
- 3.2 Solutions To Fix Quickbooks Error 15241
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 15241?
If you have ever come across error 15241, you would have seen this error message on the screen:
“Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
The QuickBooks FCS service is disabled.”
QuickBooks Update Error 15241 is payroll-related. When the user is installing/ reinstalling/ updating the payroll software, they may face this issue. QuickBooks Payroll update error 15241 will occur if the QuickBooks FCS service is disabled.
There are multiple reasons why someone might face error code 15241. Some of these reasons are disabled file copy service (FCS), corrupted versions of windows, and others.
What is File Copy Service?
It is a file that performs file copy service in QuickBooks. Its primary task is ensuring the initiation and execution of updates on QuickBooks. Once all Intuit QuickBooks servers have completed the update, this file runs in the background.
If this file is not allowed to function, the user will face QuickBooks payroll error 15241 while updating the QuickBooks desktop.
Ways to Establish Preferences in the QuickBooks Desktop?
- Go to Edit Menu --> Preferences
- After clicking preferences, choose these options --> Reports and Graphs Located (Given on the left side)
- Choose either My Preferences or Company Preferences.
In case you are choosing My Preferences, then follow these steps:
- Make sure you choose the modify report button. Thereafter, double-check before opening the report.
- Whenever you create the report, modify report window will open simultaneously.
- After that, refresh the system, select the graph. After doing this, press report preferences to confirm the process. Here you will see two refresh options:
Automatic refresh: It is a hassle-free option. Whenever you make changes to your work, it will automatically refresh the software.
Ask me to refresh: It is more of a manual option. Whenever you make some changes and refresh the report, an error message pops up. It says that the graph needs to be refreshed.
Why does QuickBooks Error 15241 Occur?
QuickBooks Error Code 15241 is not caused by only one issue. There are many reasons why this error may pop up. For example:
- The FCS is disabled/ damaged/ corrupted.
- System settings are not right, and there is a wrong system configuration.
- The payroll system/latest update is corrupted.
- QuickBooks installation is incomplete.
- Firewall/ antivirus/anti-spyware settings are against the software.
- A malware attack may have caused QuickBooks Error 15241.
- Improper shutdown of the system may also cause this error.
- Files related to the accounting software are deleted by other programs.
- The system has crashed.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 15241
- QuickBooks Error 15241 will pop up, and the window will crash.
- Couldn't install Payroll Update
- The window will run slow and respond sluggishly to inputs.
- The system will freeze many times.
Solutions To Fix Quickbooks Error 15241
Depending upon which window OS version the user has employed, there are different ways to resolve QuickBooks Error 15241.
Solution 1: Restart QuickBooks File Copy Service
For Windows 11 | 10 | 8 | 7 | Vista Users:
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Secondly, go to windows Start button, right-click on the computer, and click Manage. In case you are a Windows 10 user, then you need to go to search (taskbar), and then to the computer. Right-click on the This PC icon, and choose Manage.
- After that, click the option of services and applications (on the left pane). Then choose Services (right pane).
- Now the option of Intuit QuickBooks FCS will be visible. Double click on it, and when the Intuit QuickBooks FCS properties windows open, move the general tab and click startup type. It is a drop-down menu, where you have to choose the manual option.
- Click apply, then press OK.
- Click open QuickBooks software, download the updates, and update the payroll tax tables.
For Windows XP Users
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Secondly, right-click on the My Computer icon, and select Manage. Now you will go to the Computer Management screen.
- Then go to services and applications, click the services option.
- Now, scroll down, double click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service, which will lead you to properties.
- Go to the general tab, hover the mouse, and a drop-down list will open.
- Choose manual, click OK, and then open the QuickBooks desktop.
- At last, download QuickBooks desktop updates, and also update the payroll tax tables.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table
Be it any Windows OS, to completely resolve QuickBooks Update 15241, you have to update the payroll tax table by the end you troubleshoot the error. Therefore, we have mentioned the steps here:
- Go to Employees Menu, choose Get Payroll Updates.
- Here, tick the download entire update option, and click the update button on the right side.
- At last, the option of download complete will pop up, indicating the completion of the process.
Alternate Method To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
You can keep your QuickBooks settings on automatic mode, which will update the application on its own, sparing you from doing it manually. To activate automatic updates, follow these steps:
- Go to help, select update QuickBooks desktop
- Click options, choose YES for automatic updates. After that, close the app.
You can also use Payroll update CD to determine if the issue is with your system or the CD itself. Just install it in two different systems to find out the same.
We hope this article can assist you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 15241. If the above-shown procedures don’t fix your problems at once, get in contact with our Error Support at +1-860-215-2261 for help