How to End QuickBooks Desktop Background Tasks Completely?
Instances where QuickBooks software may become unresponsive, freeze, etc, can be resolved by completely terminating all QuickBooks tasks running in the background.
You can close the background processes related to QB by 2 using methods. Either using Task Manager or running Quick Fix My Program via QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Ending QuickBooks Background Tasks With Task Manager
To completely end all QuickBooks Background tasks using Task Manager, complete the following steps:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc all together to launch Task Manager.
- Open the Details Tab and locate the following QuickBooks-related processes:
- QBW32.exe or QBW.exe
- QBDBMgr.exe or QBDBMgrN.exe
- After locating the respective tasks, right-click on each and click on End task for each one of them.
Ensure that only QuickBooks processes are terminated, and then close the Task Manager.
Closing QuickBooks Background Processes Via QB Tool Hub
Executing Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub will terminate any open background processes used by QuickBooks and will additionally perform a quick repair on your programs.
To completely end all QuickBooks Background tasks using Quick Fix my Program (QB Tools Hub), complete the following steps:
- Launch the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- in QB Tools Hub, choose Program Problems.
- Next, select Quick Fix my Program.
Once the quick fix my program process is complete, any open background processes QuickBooks uses will be closed.
You can expect the following merits after terminating QuickBooks background processes:
- Boost Productivity: Ending background tasks may resolve a frozen QuickBooks session, thereby reducing productivity loss due to system freezes.
- Data Integrity: Properly terminating a frozen session by ending QB background tasks reduces the risk of data corruption or loss, ensuring the integrity of your QuickBooks data.
- Time-Saving: Understanding how to terminate a frozen session saves time compared to restarting the server or waiting for the session to unfreeze.
- Enhanced System Stability: By promptly ending background processes, you may enhance the overall stability and performance of your dedicated server.