Have you gone through QuickBooks Online Error 101 while connecting to the bank account? If yes, then read this post to get rid of the same issue.
QB users may experience QuickBooks Online Error 101 when they are restricted to access web-based applications like Java, Flash, and Microsoft .Net framework. Moreover, the same error code displays on the screen due to the issues with Windows components. This may lead to hamper business activities and affect the QuickBooks desktop.
If your system is also displaying the same error code and restrict you from accessing the QuickBooks desktop, go through the following post. We have included all the related aspects to QuickBooks online error 101 in this instructive post.
What might be leading to QuickBooks Online Error 101?
Underneath are all the probable reasons that may give rise to QuickBooks Error 101. Mainly, you face this issue while connecting the bank account and downloading the bank feeds. To know additional causes, check out the following list.
- When you are unable to run the .NET framework, ActiveX, Flash, and Java due to Windows failure, it may lead to the error 101.
- Because of outdated Windows components such as ActiveX controls and Microsoft .Net framework.
- You may also face QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101 due to disabling script debugging.
A poor internet connection may also cause the same issue.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 6176
How to Deal with QuickBooks Online Error 101?
One of the following methods will surely help you in resolving QuickBooks error 101. To get additional information, you may contact our QuickBooks experts. Now, you may proceed to apply the following methods one after another.
Method 1: Turn on TLS 1.2 and Modify Encrypted Page Settings
- The first step is to choose the Advanced tab and go to the TLS 1.2 box.
- After that, you need to mark TLS 1.2.
- Search for the ‘Do not save encrypted pages’ option and unmark it.
- Finally, choose the Apply option and then click Ok to save the recent changes.
Method 2: Check the Internet Connection on your PC
- Initially, you need to launch the browser along with the website.
- After that, check whether the internet connection is stable or not. If not, you will get to know about it.
- After checking the internet connection, you have to update Internet Explorer.
- Make sure that the Internet Explorer has been set as the default browser.
After checking the internet connection, you are required to reconfigure it. Here are the steps to do the same.
- Firstly, choose the Help menu and click the Internet Connection Setup tab.
- And then, select the “Use my Computer’s Internet Connect Setting” option.
- Click Next and then choose Done to initiate the procedure.
- At last, you need to reset QuickBooks updates.
Visit here: Adda Bank Account in QuickBooks
Method 3: Verify your Financial Institution
- First of all, choose the “Banking” tab.
- After that, you need to select the Add Account option.
- Make sure that the financial institution’s name is connected to the bank account.
- And then, choose the respective bank.
- Lastly, click on the link to the associated bank’s website option.
Method 4: Add and Connect your Bank Account
- The first step is to choose Transaction.
- Next, click on the Banking option.
- Click the “Add Account” option.
- Select your respective bank and then follow the ongoing instructions to connect the account.
- Finally, check whether QuickBooks Banking Connection Error 101 is occurring or not.
Method 5: Update the Date and Transaction
- Initially, click on the Banking tab and then unmark the unnecessary accounts.
- After that, select the update option and enter the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials.
- Now, choose the Continue Update option.
- After completing the update process, a notification will pop up on the screen.
- At last, ensure that you have successfully updated the date & transaction.
Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102
Get Expert’s Help!
Positively, the post has included all the simple and quick fixes to resolve QuickBooks Online Error 101. If you have applied all of the above-mentioned solutions but still facing the same issue, it is advised to contact one of our QuickBooks experts. We have a team of certified and experienced QB technicians who may help you in fixing every issue associated with QuickBooks.
You just need to give us a ring at a toll-free error support phone number +1-802-778-9005.