- 1 What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033?
Learn the best ways to resolve the QuickBooks Error PS033 like a Pro.
The QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033 is a payroll-related issue. Here the user faces difficulty while updating or opening the company file. With this blog, we will learn how to fix QuickBooks Error Code PS033 apart from learning about its causes.
QuickBooks is a user-friendly bookkeeping and accounting software used by millions of business owners worldwide. It helps them prepare many financial statements and tax reports. However, the users have to deal with bugs, also known as QuickBooks Error.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033?
A user faces Error PS033 while they try to download a payroll update. Damage in the CPS folder is another reason why users deal with this error. Also, while trying to access the company file, some of you may go through this error message:
QuickBooks can't read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033]
Why Does Payroll Update Error PS033 Happen?
Some of the common reasons behind QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033:
- The CPS folder of QuickBooks or its files is corrupt/damaged.
- User Account Control settings are not off.
- You are using an obsolete version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- The company file/ business file in your system is damaged/ has some damaged entries. One can't run damaged files, even if you have the latest release of QuickBooks or latest payroll updates available.
- The process of updating payroll is being interrupted by another program running in the background.
- Your tax tables are either damaged or invalid.
- There are incorrect and incomplete billing details. It can lead to any discrepancy in the software.
- Service key/ EIN/ PSID is either invalid or incorrect.
- Your QuickBooks has either payment-related issues or the payroll subscription is deactivated.
Fixing Error Code PS033: The Solutions
Follow the methods below to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033.
Solution 1: Get Latest Payroll Tax Table
- Firstly, select Employees--> Get Payroll Updates.
- After that, click download the entire payroll update.
- Lastly, choose the Update option.
Hopefully, it will resolve Error PS033.
Solution 2: Renaming the CPS Folder
- Follow this path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20pp\ Components\Payroll\CPS
- Note that the pp mentioned in the previous address denotes the version of QuickBooks you are using. For instance: 2018, 2016, etc.
- After that, rename the QuickBooks CPS folder into CPSOLD.
Lastly, check if QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033 is resolved or not. Finally, update the payroll tax table.
Solution 3: Switch off The UAC
The UAC stands for User Account Control. Whenever a user performs unauthorized changes in the OS, it restricts the activity. Hence, it can also impact the activities of QuickBooks.
- Firstly, go to start--> control panel--> User Accounts.
- In the next window also, choose user accounts.
- After that, click Change User Account Control Settings--> Continue.
- A slider will appear. Move this slider to Never Notify--> Click OK.
At last, restart the system and redownload the updates. Note that UAC is important for the system's security. Hence, once the installation completes, switch the UAC back to the Always Notify option.
Solution 4: Using The Safe Mode For Troubleshooting
- Firstly, run the verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks. For this, go to QuickBooks--> File--> Utilities--> Rebuild Data. Follow the rest of the process.
- After that, update the system with the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Finally, restart the system under safe mode. Now, you are ready to update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
Lastly, restart the system and check if the issue is resolved or not.
With this blog, we tried to list down all effective methods to solve QuickBooks Error PS033. Our support team keeps updating blogs for all other QuickBooks Errors. The solutions mentioned above will help you solve the issue. In case you cannot fix this error or are unable to understand the issue, reach out to us on our Error Support contact number 860-497-7164 for immediate support.