How to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033?
While working with QuickBooks, you may encounter error ‘QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033‘. How shall it be resolved?
In this article, we are going to solve this error in a detailed manner. PS033 error occurs when there is a damaged file in CPS folder. As a result of that, one cannot download the latest payroll updates and isn’t able to open the company file either.
QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files
When downloading a payroll update or opening a company file, you receive the following message:
“QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033]“
Error PS033 is caused by a damaged file in the CPS folder.
Looking for a reliable bookkeeping expert? Contact eBetterBooks today!
Fixing QuickBooks Error PS033:
To fix this, you may try the following methods:
Method #1: Download the latest payroll tax table
- Go to Employees > Get Payroll Updates.
- Select Download the entire payroll update.
- Choose Update.
Method #2: Rename the QuickBooks CPS folder
- Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20nn\Components\Payroll\CPS. Note that nn is the version number of QuickBooks, such as QuickBooks 2019 or 2020.
- Search for CPS folder.
- Rename the CPS folder to CPSOLD.
- Update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
Method #3: Turn off User Account Control (UAC)
- Go to user accounts.
- Change User Account Control Settings.
- Disable User Account Control (UAC).
Method #4: Restart and troubleshoot in safe mode
- Run a Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- Restart in safe mode and then update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
- Restart computer.
The solutions mentioned above will help you solve QuickBooks Error PS033. In case you cannot fix QuickBooks Error PS033 or are unable to understand the issue, reach out to us on our Error Support contact number +1-844-929-2244 for immediate support.