QuickBooks Error 7149 is a run-time error. It may arise due to registry errors and corrupt program files. Whenever the user opens QuickBooks, their computer crashes, and an error message reflects on their screen:
“Error 7149: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to shut. We are sorry for the inconvenience”.
When you reopen QuickBooks, your system crashes repeatedly. Also, the system may freeze for a period.
- 1 Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 7149:
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 7149:
There could also be several problems that trigger QuickBooks Error 7149, a few of them are as follows:
- Corrupt/damaged/ incomplete QuickBooks Installation – It discourages the system from copying the entire program files needed to run QuickBooks. Hence, QuickBooks can't run at all now.
- Corrupted Windows Registry Keys – The Windows Registry Keys are corrupted. Here, a recent installation or alteration of QuickBooks has led to the issue.
- The system is under malware attack – Malware attack will not let the application run smoothly as it destroys the program files of QuickBooks.
- Additional programs – Antivirus, anti-malware, and other such software are interrupting the functioning of QuickBooks.
- System-related Errors – All systems are different from each other. Hence, a local issue may lead to QuickBooks Error 7149. Let it be analyzed by an expert.
Fix QuickBooks Error 7149: Solution
From the above discussion, we are aware of the reasons behind QuickBooks Error 7149. Let us learn how to resolve this error.
Solution 1: Reinstall or Repair the QuickBooks
We have mentioned a few steps to Repair QuickBooks:
- Go to the control panel --> click Add or Remove Programs. Also, you can access this option from the Start Menu.
- Right-click the QuickBooks application.
- Go to the Repair option. Follow the prompts appearing on the screen.
- Reboot the system. After that, try opening QuickBooks.
If the above-mentioned steps don't work, uninstall and reinstall the application. Thereafter, click the uninstall option to remove the application. Finally, perform a completely fresh installation by going to the installation media. It will prompt the QuickBooks to work properly.
Solution 2: Correct the registry keys for QuickBooks
If you aren't a professional, the above-mentioned step can be a complex and risky method to try. It can hamper the usual functioning of your system. That's why we suggest you get registry cleaner software.
Solution 3: Remove viruses and malware from your system
Scan the system with the help of your antivirus program. Windows Security Essentials is another way to scan for viruses. If the scan shows any malware threat, get rid of it and reboot the system. Finally, try reopening the QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Temporarily disable the antivirus
Go to the taskbar and look for the icon of your antivirus. Right-click on it and disable the application. Thereafter, try reopening the accounting software. It should open as usual without any issues. Also, try opening the PC in safe mode. Do not forget to update the application.