The QuickBooks Error 404 is a runtime error that may occur due to various reasons. Hence, in this article, we will learn what QuickBooks Error Code 404 is and how to fix this error.
Intuit released QuickBooks accounting software that could bridge the gap between accounting and business owners. Therefore, this software is popular among all SMEs for their accounting needs. However, it has lots of bugs, also known as QuickBooks Error. This article is on one such error: QuickBooks Update Error 404.
What is QuickBooks Error 404?
- 1.1 What are the Signs of QuickBooks Error 404?
- 1.2 What Causes this Error?
- 1.3 How to Fix QuickBooks Error 404: Solutions
What is QuickBooks Error 404?
QuickBooks Error Code 404 is related to the inaccessibility of the network. Therefore, the software cannot connect with the Intuit server. However, it may also occur when the software isn't properly installed. Hence, we have given a detailed explanation of QuickBooks Update Error 404 below.Similar errors are listed below for your references.
- Service messages error# 404
- Intuit Error 404
- QuickBooks Error 404 pages not found
- QuickBooks update error 404
- QB Runtime Errors 404
What are the Signs of QuickBooks Error 404?
Users will find the following symptoms indicating that they are facing QuickBooks Error Code 404.
- The error message pops on the screen and crashes the active window.
- Also, Windows OS responds slowly to inputs.
- The system responds slowly, leading to QuickBooks Update Error 404.
What Causes this Error?
- The software installation is corrupted or incomplete.
- A third-party program has deleted company files due to security reasons.
- Also, the windows registry is corrupted due to changes in the installation of QuickBooks.
- Your system is under malware attack, corrupting the system files.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 404: Solutions
QuickBooks Error Code 404 can be resolved with these solutions:
Solution 1: Check The Network Connection
The major reason behind this error is the lack of active connection. Hence, the user must check connectivity to remove error 404.
- Open the default browser, and browse frequently opened websites.
- If the URLs are inaccessible, then the user must refresh the internet settings.
- If the user is getting prompts like " no internet connection", they must turn off and turn on their router.
- Finally, restart the system to check and repeatedly try these methods.
When none of it helps, contact the service provider. After resolving the issue, try opening the QB Desktop again.
Solution 2: Update And Repair QB Desktop
- Firstly, open QuickBooks--> Help menu--> Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the company file and perform these tasks.
- To repair the application, press the Windows+R keys together.
- When the run dialogue box opens, type Appwiz.CPL and press enter.
- Among the list of installed programs, choose QuickBooks, and click the repair option.
Verify if the QuickBooks Error Code 404 is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Change The Settings For The Internet
- Initially, go to internet explorer--> tools and internet options.
- Check the security tab--> Trusted Sites.
- Here, add the official website of QuickBooks and intuit as trusted websites. After that, close the tab by pressing OK.
- At last, log out from the company file and close the application
Finally, reopen the software and company file. Start working where you left to check if the error reappears or not.
Solution 4: Using The Selective Startup
Boost the performance of the application and resolve error 404 at the same time.
- Firstly, sign out of the company files and close the software.
- Update the windows and restart the system.
- Open the internet explorer--> Tools Menu--> Internet Settings--> Advanced.
- Browse to the end of the page and check these two options: TLS 1.0 and TLS 2.0.
- After that, close the background programs and open the run dialogue box.
- Type MSConfig. After that, press OK.
- In the system configuration window, click General.
- Go to the startup menu, click the selective startup.
Finally, restart the system and open QuickBooks software to check if the QuickBooks Error Code 404 is resolved or not.
We hope that you have successfully fixed QuickBooks update error 404 with the steps mentioned below. Also, we presented an elaborated guide on troubleshooting error 404. However, in some cases, the above-mentioned steps might not work properly, and if you continue to face problems, you can contact eBetterBooks toll-free number +1-860-215-2261 for technical assistance by our support team.