Rectify QuickBooks Banking Error 102 with Simple Solutions
Have you faced QuickBooks Banking Error 102 while transferring data between QuickBooks Online and the bank’s website? Take the assistance of the following post to resolve it.
Intuit’s QuickBooks has been specifically designed for small and mid-sized business owners. Though QuickBooks is marvelous accounting software that comes up with advanced and latest technologies, it is not completely free from technical glitches and error codes. One can experience a lot of errors and issues while using the QB desktop or company file.
Today, we will be discussing QuickBooks Banking Error 102 which may display when website maintenance is in process. You are suggested to read the following article to get the whole process of dealing with the same issue.
What does QuickBooks Error Code 102 display?
QuickBooks Error 102 generally takes place in QuickBooks Online and QB self-employed. occurs while using QB Online or Self-employed. Additionally, issues from the bank’s website may also cause the same issue such as server down, and website maintenance. One could also lead to the banking error 102 while transferring the data between QuickBooks and the bank’s website.
Below, we have provided all the possible causes for the same issue along with the effective solutions to fix it.
Factors Leading to QuickBooks Error Code 102
Here are the possible causes that might be leading to the banking error 102. Have a look at all of them one by one.
- When you have a new bank account or credit card, then the error might pop up.
- Issues from the Bank’s end such as server down or website maintenance.
- When you have not entered the correct credentials to log in to your bank account, this could also give rise to the same issue.
- Issues related to the Network connection may also cause QuickBooks error code 102.
Quick Fixes to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 102
After knowing the causes behind the error occurrence, it is time to fix the issue to continue accessing QuickBooks Online. Below, you can find the complete steps to resolve banking error 102.
Solution 1: Ensure that the Account Details are Correct
You need to log in to the bank account using the URL given by your bank with online banking. If you are unable to connect the account to the bank, try connecting it by following the steps written below.
- Firstly, choose the menu and then click on Banking.
- In case of linking to the bank for the first time, click Search and look for the bank name.
- After that, choose the Add Account option and find the name of your bank.
- Once you are selected your bank, enter the credentials to log in to it.
- Next, tap on Continue and then choose Connect securely.
- For connecting your bank, click on the bank symbol from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you need to select the bank type or credit card account. If you don’t have an account, click on the Add + New option.
- Next, the online transactions will automatically get downloaded by QuickBooks for the last 90 days.
- Again, choose Connect.
- Once you are done with the process, go back to the banking page.
- Finally, choose the Review tab and accept the QuickBooks transactions.
Solution 2: Perform Manual Updates to QuickBooks Online
- First of all, click Menu and then choose the Banking option.
- And then, choose the clear unwanted accounts to update the accounts.
- Next, click Update Now.
- You need to give the MFA (Multi-factor Authentication).
- Finally, click Continue to save the changes.
Read Also: Fix QuickBooks Error 503
Solution 3: Update Bank Connections in QB Self-Employed
- The initial step is to log in to the QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Now, choose the profile icon from the Bank accounts.
- Finally, click on Refresh all and check whether QuickBooks online error 102 has been fixed or not.
Solution 4: Verify whether the account is new to the bank
You could also experience the same issue while opening a new bank account or credit card. You should keep in mind that a few new accounts do not support online banking. If you are stuck in the same situation, it is recommended to get connected with the bank/credit card provider to fix it.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
Solution 5: Wait until the bank takes action
In the end, if none of the above solutions worked in your case, then we suggest you wait for the bank’s response. Sometimes, the bank may take a long time to take action on such issues. They might be working on your server to fix the QuickBooks banking error 102. You must wait for 24 hours for the bank’s action.
Probably, QuickBooks Banking Error 102 has been rectified after taking the guidance of this informative post. Multiple issues may arise because of ignoring the minor details in QuickBooks. That is why the user always wishes for reliable technical help as soon as possible when an error appears. If you also want to get expert advice, quickly dial our ebetterbooks error support phone number +1-802-778-9005.