Fix QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 – Easy Troubleshooting Steps
Get the latest & updated solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0 in the following post.
The Error Code -6147, 0 is one of the 6000 series errors that mainly occur while accessing the company files. Also, this error is related to access to company and backup files. Hence, in this blog, we will know the reasons behind its occurrence and understand how to fix them.
QuickBooks is an accounting software popular among SMEs owners that have no formal finance and accounting training. Due to the ease of usage, it is widely popular in the USA and beyond.
What is QuickBooks Error 6147, 0?
QuickBooks Error 6147 0 is an error that usually occurs when the user is trying to restore the backup file from its local system. It also happens when they are attempting to open the backup and company files.
The user will also see this error message on the screen:
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 Occur?
Here are the reasons why QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0 might occur:
1. The QBW file/ network data file/ transaction log file is damaged.
2. QuickBooks' company file is either damaged or corrupted.
3. The mapped drive used for opening the company file has been deleted by a third-party application mistakenly.
4. Also, the company file has incorrect data.
5. You might be restoring a backup with the help of a network drive.
6. The name of the backup file is beyond the limit of 210 characters.
7. Due to the firewall settings, QuickBooks is restricted from using the company file.
8. The current QuickBooks Desktop version is outdated, triggering the Error code -6147, 0.
9. Also, your system is under malware/ virus attack.
10. Due to the corrupted windows registry, the user has to deal with QuickBooks Error 6147, 0.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0?
The following symptoms will help you detect QuickBooks company file error 6147 even before it occurs:
1. The current program window will crash.
2. You cannot restore the backup file.
3. The user is facing issues while opening their company file.
4. Windows will respond slowly to inputs.
5. Also, the error message pops up and shuts down the system on its own.
Ways To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0
There can be multiple solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147 0. Hence, we have listed down all effective solutions to fix the error.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3180?
Solution 1: Moving QuickBooks File To A Different Location
● Firstly, the user must ensure that the system hosting is turned off.
● After that, go to QuickBooks–> File Menu–> Utilities.
● Now, the user must ensure proper hosting. For this, they have to follow further steps.
● After that, look for the hosting Multiple-User option. The user may stop this access.
● Lastly, after stopping the access to hosting multiple users, click Yes, allow next, and again click Yes. Also, close the company file.
At last, restore the backup file and ensure that the company file link doesn't have more than 210 characters. By changing the company file location, it will resolve the error.
Solution 2: Renaming .ND And .TLG Files
The network data (ND) and TLG (Transaction Log) files let users run company files smoothly under multi-user mode. Follow these steps to repair the error.
● Initially, open the folder that has the company file.
● After that, locate the network data and transaction log files.
●Rename the files by adding OLD at the end.
Lastly, open the QuickBooks Software again to sign in to the company file. Successful sign-up would mean that the error has been resolved.
Solution 3: Rebuilding Data Files
● Firstly, go to the file menu–> Utilities tab–> Rebuild Data.
● If you get a prompt for backup of the company file, press OK.
● Finally, if QuickBooks is not responding, a message pops up, press OK.
Solution 4: Using the Trend Micro Active Scan
If other solutions didn't work out for you, try the trend micro active scan to resolve the issue.
● Firstly, take a note of the location of your company file.
● Press Ctrl and double-click on the QB icon.
● A list of files will appear, choose the company file.
● The list also shows the file location.
●Go to Trend Micro Active Scan–> Scan settings.
● Finally, find the file folder. Allow the exception.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error PS077?
Solution 5: Use the File Doctor Tool
To access the file doctor tool and resolve the issue, users have to download and install QB Tool Hub.
● Firstly, users must access the official site of Intuit. Here the Tool Hub file is available. Download this file.
● After that, install and run the tool.
●Once the installation is complete, open the Tool Hub from its icon on the desktop.
● After that, go to Company file issues–> Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
● Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to fix .
Once done, reopen the QuickBooks Desktop to check if error code 6147,0 persists or not.