Do you have a newer high-resolution monitor? If yes, then you may probably get into QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues. This issue usually emerges due to high-resolution graphic displays (1920 x 1200 or higher). When the issue takes place in your system, you may end up with:
- Black Screen instead of White.
- The icons or fonts look fuzzy.
- The Windows you are working on are blank, blurry, or strangely sized.
Hence, you only need to change the default settings in QuickBooks.
eBetterBooks: Quick Fixes
Issue: High Resolution of DPI (Dot-per-Inch) Settings between 125 to 150% in Windows make users unable to see the entire page in QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution: To fix this, you can edit QuickBooks DPI Settings, make changes in the screen resolution settings, and attempt to reset the default Display Settings of your Windows so QuickBooks can display properly.
Issue: Wrong View Preferences resulting in QuickBooks Display Error as it won’t let you access the company file or data you want to.
Solution: View Preferences in QuickBooks decides how the application will display on the user’s screen. If these settings are wrongly set then it may lead to QuickBooks Display Error. Adjusting or setting the View Preferences in QuickBooks can be a better approach to make your company file accessible or do necessary modification in this.
Issue: Incompatible Windows Display Settings interrupts you while working smoothly with your software.
Solution: Editing your Windows Display Settings is the only way to get over the hindrances you encounter in the form of QuickBooks Display Error.
Issue: Outdated Graphic/Video Drivers can malfunction resulting in different kinds of display-related errors.
Solution: It is recommended to update your Graphic drivers as soon as possible so that it is updated with the latest algorithms to match the configurations of new software versions.
Issue: Misconfigured Compatibility View Settings may create display-related issues when the users try to use the software on their systems.
Solution: If the settings are not configured or compatible with QuickBooks default settings then you must check your Compatibility View Settings to resolve QuickBooks Display Issues.
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks Desktop Display Problems!
Display problems or distorted screen issues occur due to incorrect resolution or font settings in Microsoft Windows. QuickBooks accounting software is compatible to work well with a DPI (Dot per Inch) value of less than 100%.
Many systems show high-resolution DPI Settings of 125 to 150%, which may lead to different display-related issues and make users unable to see the entire page in QuickBooks Desktop. Well, there are various QuickBooks display problems available, and below we have listed some of the most common ones:
- High Resolution of DPI (Dot Per Inch) Settings: If DPI settings in Windows are set to 125 to 150% higher resolution, this makes users unable to see the entire page in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Wrong QuickBooks View Preferences: Wrong View Preferences resulting in QuickBooks Display Error as it won’t let you access the company file or data you want to.
- Incompatible Windows Display Settings: If there are compatibility issues with Windows Display Settings, then the screen size will not fit within the monitor’s frame. Either it’ll be too large or too small to view.
- Older or outdated Graphic Drivers: When your graphic/video cards or drivers are outdated, they can malfunction and result in different kinds of display-related errors.
- Misconfigured Internet Browser Compatibility Settings: If Compatibility Settings are not properly configured or compatible with QuickBooks default settings, you may probably end up with several display issues.
What are the indicators of QuickBooks Desktop Display Glitches?
Are you unable to determine the QuickBooks Display Problems? No worries, we have described each and every prompt that can be noticed when the issue occurs:
Inability to fit on the system screen: The transaction form you are trying to access cannot fit on the system screen.
- Missing Buttons: Certain buttons go missing, and the font size gets bigger.
- Visibility issues with the Sizing icon: The sizing icon at the top right corner of the screen does not appear.
- Blank Home page: The home page gets blank or inaccessible.
- Overwriting fields and hiding labels: If the field overwrites and hides its label, it might be the most apparent sign of display issues.
- Blurred Screen: It gets unclear or blurred when you minimize or maximize the screen.
Effective Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Display Problems!
Don’t know how to get over QuickBooks Desktop screen Issues? Alright, just start trying the below-given methods according to the situation you are getting in. Let’s get started:
Method 1: When the DPI (Dot per inch) settings are set to higher resolution
In this case, you need to edit the QuickBooks DPI Settings, make changes in the Screen Resolution Settings and reset the default Display Settings of your Windows by following the instructions stated below:
Step 1: Edit QuickBooks DPI Settings which matches with the QB Default display settings requirements
- Firstly, shut down the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, hover over the Windows Start menu.
- Write the QuickBooks into the search bar, right-click on the QuickBooks icon, and then select Open file location.
- After this, right-click the QuickBooks.exe file in the folder and choose the Properties option.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- You must select the Disable display scaling on the high DPI settings checkbox. Also, hit the Change high DPI settings icon and then Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- Click Apply and press the OK button.
- At last, restart QuickBooks and then look for display issues.
Step 2: Make changes in the Screen Resolution Settings
If screen resolution settings are not set to 1024×768 then you are recommended to modify screen resolution settings. Due to having issues with your desktop screen, the screen elements are either too small or too large to be clicked on.
On Windows 10
- Hit right-click on the Desktop and select Display.
- Now, select the Advanced Display Settings from the left pane. If there is more than one display to be located on your PC, select Display you need to modify.
- Under the Resolution section, hit the recommended screen resolution of 1024×768 or higher.
- Then, click Apply the changes and select Keep the Changes icon.
On Windows 8, 8.1 and 7
- Hit right-click anywhere on your Desktop and select Display.
- Now, click on Screen Settings.
- Spot the resolution drop-down menu and then choose the screen resolution, which must be 1024 x 768 or higher, else you won’t be able to work on QuickBooks.
- Press OK at the end.
Step 3: Reset the Default Display Settings of Your Windows
- To restore default display settings for Windows 10 and Windows 8, adhere to the Microsoft Instructions.
- Set the minimum resolution at 1024 x 768 for your screen. However, 1920 x 1080 is the best display which we recommend.
- Once you’re done, restart your computer and open QuickBooks and your company file again.
Method 2: When View Preferences in QuickBooks need to be correct
- At this point, you need to adjust the View Preferences in QuickBooks. Here’s how:
- Open the company file, head to the Edit menu, and choose Preferences in QuickBooks.
- Select the Desktop View from the list and then hit the My Preferences tab.
- Under the View section, choose the One Window option and press OK.
- To finish, close and reopen QuickBooks and your company file and check for desktop display issues.
Method 3: When Windows Display Settings are Incompatible
If the Windows Display Settings are not compatible, perform the following steps to modify your Display Settings on Windows.
On Windows 10
- To begin with, hit the Start menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
- After this, hold and press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard.
- Select the Appearance and Personalization option.
- Navigate to the Change item size section and choose the Set custom scaling option.
- From the drop-down list, click on 100% and then press the OK button.
- In the end, hit on the Apply tab and log out for changes to be shown.
On Windows 8/8.1
- Hit right-click on the Desktop icon and then hit the Screen tab.
- Afterward, select the Make text & other items bigger or smaller option at the bottom of the display settings.
- You need to unmark. Allow me to choose one Scaling level for my displays.
- Now, drag the Slider to smaller than 100% to ensure that the text and other items are of normal size.
- Finally, Save changes and restart your computer system.
On Windows 7
Method 4: When the Graphic Drivers are Outdated
Updating the Graphic/Video Drivers is the only solution to eliminate outdated drivers. Let’s see how:
- Hit the Start tab and then hover over the Control Panel.
- Now, select the Device option.
- Afterward, right-click on the Graphic card/ Video Card on your screen and select the Update driver option under Display Adapters.
- Navigate to Search and write down the video card’s name from the device manager in the Display Adapters window if you are trying to update the drivers manually.
- Locate the Driver option and enter the Card name.
- Furthermore, carefully download and install the driver and follow the on-screen instructions to run the downloaded file.
- To end the process, restart your system.
Method 5: When your Internet browser compatibility settings are not properly Configured
Carefully implement the below-listed steps to configure Compatibility View Settings.
- Initially, open Internet Explorer and hit Tools, then choose Compatibility View Settings.
- Hold and press Alt + T tabs on your keyboard to access the Tools menu.
- After this, check that intuit.com or qbo.intuit.com must not be included under the Add this Website option.
- Also, ensure that the Display all websites checkbox is not selected in the Compatibility View menu.
- Now, you need to uncheck Include updated website listings from the Microsoft box.
- Once done, shut down all Internet Explorer Windows.
- When you are ready, verify whether the QuickBooks display issues are still on their ground.
Wrapping it Up!
Thus, we can conclude that having a black or blurry screen due to QuickBooks Desktop Display Issue can be very frustrating or annoying.
However, if the problem continues to bother you even after performing all the steps available in this write-up, don’t delay to call at our toll-free number +1-802-778-9005 and get the best assistance through our QuickBooks customer service executives.
How can I easily resolve QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues?
Most display issues in QuickBooks Desktop can be resolved by closing all the ongoing QuickBooks processes. The steps to be performed are as follows:
- To start, relaunch your QuickBooks software.
- Now, hit the Windows Start tab and navigate to the Start menu.
- Enter Task Manager into the search bar and open the same.
- After this, hit the Processes tab. This will start showing the current processes running on your system.
- Next, look for a process- QuickBooks (32-bit) or exe.
- When you find the process linked with the QuickBooks software, choose the same and select the End Process option.
- However, if it is not spotted, then it means that all the QuickBooks instances are already closed.
- And lastly, reboot your system and check if the display issues get fixed.
What to do if the font size looks fuzzy or strange due to QuickBooks Display Issues?
If you are getting stuck with QB desktop display issues, Changing the Desktop View Preferences is the best option to rectify it as soon as possible. To do this, open your company file and choose Preferences from the edit menu. After this, select Desktop View and then My Preferences. Once done, you must switch View from Multiple Windows to One Window.
Why am I getting into QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues?
There are a variety of reasons behind the occurrence of QB display issues, such as High Resolution of DPI (Dot Per Inch) Settings, faulty View Preferences, older or outdated Graphic Drivers, incompatible Windows Display Settings, and misconfigured Internet Browser Compatibility Settings, etc.